1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a chance that the Fins/Pats gets flexed to Sunday Night?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Kdawg954, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    undefeated vs. defeated

only undefeated franchise trying to give the Pats their first loss and get their first win. Sounds like headlines to me lol.

The Sunday Night game is Denver vs. San Diego . . . an ok game . . . but I really think they will be flexing New England the rest of the season to primetime. They have to decide 12 days before the game . . . so an announcement may be comming soon.

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

From what I understand....the answer in short is no.

Any games scheduled that holiday weekend can not be flexed due to accommodate the players and fans holiday schedule.

3. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Really? I mean its only a 7 hour difference, the team would be back early Monday morning . . . oh well, hopefully the CBS game is in High Def, it sucked yesterday watching in Standard (lol, I need to see clearly how bad we are)

4. dont fumble

dont fumble Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Germany
    Den @ SD is not too bad, but it is the MN game anyway. SNF is TB @ SF, ugh.
    NYG @ Buf might be the most interesting, Was @ Min might also be a 'playoff game'

EDIT: I just saw that only afternoon games can be moved to SN.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  5. Smacks

Smacks New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Why would you want to put this lopsided game on national TV? Are there still people in Alaska and Hawaii that don't know that the Phins blow?

6. billsfaninpeace

billsfaninpeace New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Well the decision will have to be made by Tues. And yes week 16 games can be flexed.

...rule changed in '07; no more week 16 exclusion...........

Flexible Scheduling
    Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule
    Last season, the NFL implemented for the first time in its history a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17.(week 16 excluded in '06)
    Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.
    The 2007 NFL schedule will again utilize flexible scheduling in Weeks 11-17 (no exclusion in '07). The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks will list the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
    Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.
    Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL will have the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

7. billsfaninpeace

billsfaninpeace New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Sunday Afternoon games.

meaning all sunday games.

The Thurs and Monday

Sat Games once they start them cannot be flexed

8. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    That could be one boring Sunday night.

9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I believe PFT stated there were two games that could be flexed on Week 16. The Phins/Pats game was one of them. If the Patriots win in Week 15, I think it'll be flex because people will want to see the Patriots go undefeated/first loss. I think it's a good way for people to see us get smoked by Brady and Co. but weirder things have happened.

10. Texphinphan

Texphinphan Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
  11. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

And...there....you go!!!