1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isaako Aaitui

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lee2000, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I think that is just Dolphin fans ripping the Jets. I was aware of how good their facilities were.

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    For those with knee injuries try breaking your knee - that's some damn pain right there. I did it 14 years ago I think and it still hurts every effin day. I know your pain, and then some. Tore some ligaments too, so I know that pain.

But yes a knee is a vicious, dabilitating and frustrating thing to go through.

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    dang.....poor guy.

Tone_E likes this.
  4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    yeah, thinking logically here, this is the most likely reason. Any agent wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a return to a former team.

5. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    On the other side of the coin why would we want him back if he spilled the beans .It would be tough to prove either way.

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    so just in case anyone cares, lol, i just came back from the doc, its a grade 2 MCL sprain, got a knee brace and crutches and was lucky, 4 - 6 weeks and i'm good to go

7. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    So the reality is not the conspiracy (Waived from an old injury) but that he tore up his knee in the first practice.

Really sad for him. We come to expect so much out of life in our first world culture - but in reality we are fortunate to be alive and living where we are in the time we are living.

maynard likes this.
  8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

You and Jake Long have something in common. Except he is playing on his knee 10-12 days after spraining the MCL. Bad idea.

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The Jets flat-out ****ED Aaitui here. First class organization all the way.

10. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i worked another day on it, not a cry baby like jake and took 10 days off....:shifty:

Bpk likes this.
  11. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Did they or did his Agent???

12. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    OmarKelly RT @davidcanter: Good news regarding Tui. Drs believe he may not have torn ACL nor MCL.We'll know more next Fri but could be back in 6-8 wks

Bpk, xphinfanx and dolfan22 like this.
  13. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Appeared to me that the Jets could've stuck him on IR, but didn't.

14. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    This kid should fire his agents asss right away then sue him. This was fundamentally unsound to ok an injury waiver in his contract. Hell, Incognito popped a knee at the combine was still drafted in the 3rd round and the Rams footed the entire bill.

A wake up call to why players go for mostly themselves in todays market because teams sure in hell do not care about them, just pieces of meat to do with what they please. He was injured at practice I imagine so I cannot see why its not covered. Should be covered by the least under workmens compensation law. If you did not know it, all teams pay into workmens comp for their players. Its rarely done but a player IS entitled to collect workmens comp if injured while practicing or playing in a game and will be out an extended period of time. Thats law across the nation.

This kid gets a good attorney he can sue his agent and sue for his injury and will most likely win. Jeez, he was a rookie, he was not fully aware of the implications of what ever his putz agent included in his contract. I can see it now

Agent " Don't worry, its normal business lingo. If you get hurt and a team thinks they can use you, they will pay for the surgery and rehab. I do it all the time."

Newbie player " Ok, whatever you say, I am not a lawyer. You know whats best for me, I trust you. "

Honest, thats how much of this crap language works out to be. Trust of a new player with his azzzzwad agent.

Problem is it will be dragged out so long it would make the surgery harder and the rehab almost impossible to overcome but it is possible.

15. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Most certainly could and it is definately a ' football related injury " Believe it or not ? These kind of scenarios drive players to really think twice about signing with a team. Before the young Bidwill took over the AZ Cardinals the Old man Bidwill made each player sign an agreement that if they were hurt in camp no way were the Cardinals responsible to pay for the injury or rehab. Thats why for years the Cardinals only got over the hill FA and zero young FA.

Once the younger Bidwill took over he changed all that language.

16. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    man that would great news for him, if we somehow can sign him and see what happens

Bpk likes this.
  17. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Wonder if this was from Sparano helping put his fingers in the mix?

I know it was Irelands fault.