1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isnt leading with the Helmet against the rules? Especially in endzone?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by azfinfanmang, Oct 25, 2010.

1. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Interesting this went unnoticed. I however saw it IMMEDIATELY.

Not only does Timmons (Same POS that absolutely positively STOMPED on Ricky while he was lying on the ground) but he does it in the endzone...

If I'm Sparano, I'm sending LOTS of copies of this to the front office...of course, its not like it will do any good or anything

Of course all the Stripes were looking at was if he was inbounds the entire way...and interesting they reviewed that cause it wasn't even close.

YouTube - Davone Bess Steelers vs Dolphins 2010

SeanP likes this.
  2. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Actually,it looked clean to me.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Really? Did he not drop his shoulder and arm and go helmet first into his back?

I very well could be seeing things.:lol:

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah sorry man that was a pretty innocuous hit right there, I don't see the issue.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I can't figure out whats legal or not. I thought it was always illegal to lead with your helmet.

6. Gitrdone

Gitrdone New Member

May 22, 2009
    Canada EH!
    It does look like he tried to put the forehead of his helmet into the middle back of Bess. That could just be due to the speed of the game though, since even when we run, we lead with the head. Or swim, or basically anything besides Luge. Yes i know he could have just shoved him instead.

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    The reason this is a non-issue is he didn't aim for Davone's head. He had to get low because Davone was falling and he was trying to redirect Davone's body momentum and prevent him getting into the end zone.

The NFL is more consistent on this than you think. Davone wasn't a defenseless receiver on the play, he was a ball carrier. Notice that the NFL declared James Harrison's hit on Josh Cribbs to be completely legal. It was the hit on Massaquoi that drew the fine, and the amount was more than the Meriweather fine because Harrison's drawn fines for that before.

dirtywhiteboy and unluckyluciano like this.
  8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Funny I thought no one else noticed the late hit there. But meh, Timmons was carrying momentum.

Didn't notice any leading and yeah, I agree with the poster above me.

9. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks for the voices of reason folks. :up:

10. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Yeah, I was wondering that as well, but forgot about it later on due to sheer rage. I assumed it was the leading with the helmet in general, not helmet to helmet contact.

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    all I see is one hell of a play by Bess.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It was late, and probably unnecessary, but not illegal. I always wonder why more guys don't let up on plays like that, but I guess they do it out of frustration for allowing a score than anything else.