1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It never ceases to amaze me.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Dec 29, 2010.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    How many times have we seen this? Sporano signs a player for a game and then cuts him. There is no way Kevin Curtis did anything wrong to be cut in one game! What possible sense can this make?

http://www.rtsports.com/football-news/1000068965

This endless revolving door of cut players continues while Sporano endlessly fiddles with the offensive line, and to be honest, I think our line is worse than it was last year. This is one of the reasons why this imbecile Sporano needs to be fired.

What other teams turns over this much talent? Does anyone know if Kevin Curtis could have helped us going into the New England game? No - and Sporano doesn't know either. I dont think I can stand another year of this guys compulsive fiddling with our roster, especially, the offensive line when there is no improvement.

How does this idiot expect a team to ever gel together as a unit if he keeps dissecting our team?

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think the bigger problem is how does one get signed off the street, then be heavily involved in crucial situations of the game following, only to be cut right after..funny stuff this henning character.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  3. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Cease fire cease fire!!!! Sparano is the Head Coach, he doesn't decide who's signed or not signed, especially mid season. Ireland is the GM, blame him if anyone.

cobrajet and miamiron like this.
  4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yeah, I completely agree. I can't recall anyone who's actually made the squad long term from the roster churning experiments.

5. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Also.... I'm pretty sure they signed him when they were unsure how serious B-Marsh's injury was

6. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I like to blame ol Dan as much as the next guy, but I don't think he's the one
    that's pulling the trigger on these things.

7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    because that one reception for 4 yards made you want to keep him?

8. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Don't short change they guy. He had an 8 yd end around as well :wink2:.

Paul 13 likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    of course hes not pulling the trigger on the aquisition, I was just pointing out another issue, but implementing of the player in the scheme 3days later is quite interesting considering that Henning had to ok that Cam trade somewhat..

Definitely on Irish, also, Ireland signed wallace and moore, but neither could get the reps of a 1 week rental....not a good sign.

10. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Whoever is making these foolish, foolish roster churning moves will never accomplish anything this way. I personally think it's Ireland. I think this is part of his famous ..."looking under rocks" mentality. This jerk needs to play and develop the talent that he has on the field and knock this crap off. This problem is bigger than just Curtis, the same thing has been going on with various other players and positions for over a year now and we are getting no where with it. The results are horrid.

I honestly can't remember one player of worth that we found this way. All this does is make the roster players look over their shoulder, keep the equipment manager busy moving people in and people out and, give the illusion, yes I said it, the illusion that Ireland is worth his wage. He's a freaking gloried scout with a smug attitude. I don't see any other successful GM doing this anywhere. It is going to get to the point where no player will come player here due to the horrid reputation this guys is developing. Every time I see this Ireland doing this crap I just wanna send him a text... "yes, we know you are here and were are all very impressed. Now go and get coffee for Parcells like a good boy"

I hate to be this cynical but 25% of this teams problem is Ireland, 25% of this teams problem is Henning, 25% of this teams problem is Sporano and the remaining 25% has to do with the lack of QB development. G-D, I am tired of this! Another year wasted on wannabe's. This is Can Cameron all over again.

11. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I say hey, why not. They signed Sporano, and Ireland with no experience - why not a WR? :-) Seriously though, isn't there better things for these idiots to do?

12. hemidemon

hemidemon New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    It's the bottom part of the roster that's being churned. I have yet to see any of these mid to late season sign and cut players make an impact anywhere else. It's not a big deal.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  13. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I know, you are correct. It's been happening since these guys got here. It never works out, why bother?

14. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Their contention is if they don't do it, they will miss that one gem they needed. But I agree it does look like Ireloand is doing it to look busy, so a lot f the problems we are having might be deflected off of him.

cobrajet likes this.
  15. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Hate to interrupt the bash session, but our RT (Carey) went on IR a few weeks ago, and the backup (Murtha) went down vs Detroit. Alen Barbre is, you guessed it, a RT. Curtis, he was brought in as an emergency signing when Hartline went down and Marshall was still iffy (after Cleveland). If you think it unwise to play a game with 1 OT or 3 WRs dressed, then I don't see why you'd have a problem with these moves.

16. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    It never ceases to amaze me how upset people get over bottom of the roster players that are bottom of the roster players for a reason.

Curtis was signed short term due to injuries, he had no long term plans, now that we are out of it I'm sure they want to see the younger players like Wallace and Moore play, and I agree 10000000%

GMJohnson likes this.
  17. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    IDK. Like I have said countless times it really has nothing to do specifically with these moves. It is the broader spectrum of the whole time these guys have been here. This is all they do and 90% of it isn't injury based. The endless fiddling always seems to involve the offensive line in some capacity, which brings my to another point. If they are that injured all the time (like they are) shouldn't someone be addressing the strength and conditioning problem? Not that I really follow other teams, but I don't think I have ever seen one continually have injuries, and rotate players around like we do. I don't call discussing this issue bashing, I call it conversation of reality.

18. dolfan87

dolfan87 Super Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    The roster churning slowed down considerably once we fired the special teams coach. I think everyone, including Sparano and Ireland, realized they can't keep tweaking with the roster as special teams were suffering because of it.

GMJohnson is 100% correct here, this particular move was based on NEEDING a RT, not a 5th receiver.

cobrajet likes this.
  19. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    You are 100% correct on both counts. Lets hope this improves.

20. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Easy Sparano is making himself a fallguy.. You see when this guy fails Sparano can man up and say I cut this player and I will cut you (knowing he wont) to a good player. It's fake machismo, and the players are now starting to NOT believe in Sparano.

That fake wolf crap failed miserably someone didn't feed the wolf and it died.

21. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Two things:

1 - Sparano is equally involved in the roster decisions as Ireland. Ireland is not going to release a player that Sparano likes. So, one cannot blame any decision on one guy. They are both working together.

2 - I think it is legitimate to be somewhat bothered by this. No other team has such turnover. If it's #'s 50-53 that are replaced every two months, no biggy. Or, if it actually worked - that they were improving the play on the field constantly from this - fine. But, when you are running so many players in and out in the bottom 20 - you lose continuity in special teams and you lose continuity in players coming in to contribute when another player goes down to injury (unless one thinks that's not going to happen in this league!). Then you have to throw out a guy onto the field who has been on board 2 or 3 weeks and is not really in sink. It prevents team continuity.