1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's my mock draft, and I'll cry if I want to . . .

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Frayser, Apr 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    With a week to go, I figured I would get in on the mock draft action. This is actually my first time ever posting one . . . so be gentle. :up:

1. Lions - Jason Smith (The Lions opt to play it safe and sign Smith some time this week prior to the draft)
    2. Rams - Eugene Monroe (Should allow them to keep Barron on the right side where he is comfortable)
    3. Chiefs - Aaron Curry (Combine this kid's talent with the tutelage of Zach Thomas and Mike Vrabel and . . . wow)
    4. Seahawks - Mark Sanchez (Roughly half the city of Seattle was in attendance at USC's Pro Day to watch Sanchez, who should be a perfect fit in the Seahawk's system)
    5. Browns - Michael Crabtree (With Sanchez gone and Braylon Edwards likely traded, Crabtree is the obvious choice)
    6. Bengals - Knowshon Moreno (Cincy likes Moreno, and while some people might see this as too high for him . . . they're wrong :tongue2:)
    7. Raiders - B.J. Raji (Off-field issues, character concerns, and speculations of failed drug tests . . . sounds like an Al Davis pick to me)
    8. Jaguars - Matthew Stafford (The Jags like Stafford . . . they just never thought he would fall into their laps)
    9. Packers - Brian Orakpo (The kind of player you can build a 3-4 around . . . maybe)
    10. 49ers - Andre Smith (Might ultimately be considered the steal of the draft if Singletary can keep his head on straight)
    11. Bills - Michael Oher (They may not be as desperate for a tackle as some people think, but Oher is too good to pass up here)
    12. Broncos - Tyson Jackson (After wasting most of their time on the clock trying to get Josh McDaniels to quit crying over Moreno being off the board, Denver chooses to go with arguably the most rare day one position in the draft, 3-4 DE)
    13. Redskins - Robert Ayres (Of all the DEs available, Ayres probably has the most potential to see the most snaps as a rookie . . . as he can play all over and should give the Skins a solid option on the left side with newly acquired Albert Haynesworth clogging the middle)
    14. Saints - Chris Wells (Everyone thinks Jenkins will be the pick . . . which is exactly why it will be Wells)
    15. Texans - Malcolm Jenkins (Can play corner for a season or two, ultimately transitioning into a top notch free safety)
    16. Chargers - Jeremy Maclin (The Bolts hope Maclin can put the spark back into their offense)
    17. Jets - Josh Freeman (Freeman's visit to NY went well, and I think all of the "we like the guys we have" talk is code for "please god let there be a QB available")
    18. Broncos - Everette Brown (With no offensive playmakers available, Josh McDaniels finished a bottle of Jack Daniels and passed out in the corner . . . so Mike Nolan decides to use yet another pick to build his 3-4 defense and takes Brown, who represents great value here)
    19. Bucs - Michael Johnson (Jim Bates gets his Jason Taylor 2.0 . . . the Bucs love this kid)
    20. Lions - Rey Maualuga (Peterson was a nice addition, but Detroit needs a young stud at LB)
    21. Eagles - Brandon Pettigrew (Great fit that will help both Westbrook and McNabb out a lot. Pick could change if the Eagles were to trade for Scheffler . . . which I think might happen)
    22. Vikings - Darrius Heyward-Bey (Nothing shocking here)
    23. Pats - Darius Butler (Bill the Butcher personally went up to UConn's Pro Day to work this kid out)
    24. Falcons - Brian Cushing (Atlanta is thrilled to have a guy as versatile as Cushing fall to them. He should pair very well with last year's pick Curtis Lofton)
    25. Dolphins - Clay Matthews (Miami is a little heartbroken to see Johnson, Maualuga, and Pettigrew all come off the board in a row. But Matthews is a pretty decent consolation prize. He brings that lunch pale attitude Parcells loves. At the USC Pro Day, Matthews stole the show from his LB brethren . . . particularly in pass coverage which, in Miami's new quarters coverage, will be extremely important)
    26. Ravens - Aaron Maybin (The Ravens just had him in for a visit and are delighted he's still on the board here)
    27. Colts - Evander Hood (Much better fit for what the Colts do than Peria Jerry)
    28. Bills - Larry English (Oher and English are probably a little better of a combination than Ayres and Britton)
    29. Giants - Hakeem Nicks (I expect this pick to be dealt for Braylon Edwards but for now Nicks represents the Giants' best shot at replacing Burress)
    30. Titans - Vontae Davis (Tennessee loves Alphonso Smith, but character concerns have pushed a better player down to them in Davis)
    31. Cards - Donald Brown (Alex Mack also makes a lot of sense here, but there is better value at center later . . . so Arizona opts to take the best back left)
    32. Steelers - Alex Mack (The rich get richer as the Steelers land one of my favorite players in the draft who will be an absolute beast in their run game)

Dolphins draft:
    1. Clay Matthews (OLB)
    2a. Sean Smith (CB)
    2b. Dorell Scott (NT)
    3. Johnny Knox (WR)
    4. Jasper Brinkley (ILB)
    5. Sebastian Vollmer (OT)
    6. Don Carey (CB)
    7a. Dan Gronkowski (TE)
    7b. Tyrell Sutton (RB)

Paul 13 likes this.
  2. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I like your dolphin draft picks but no way that Detroit don't draft Stafford, come on the number one QB in Detroit is Culpepper so they need help in that department.

3. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    This is true. I just don't think it means you draft a guy who in no way is a Top 10 prospect in this draft at #1. I've watched Stafford for a while. I have no doubt that he is the most "NFL-ready" QB in this draft, but I feel it is a leap to go from that statement to thinking he is deserving of the #1 pick . . . and the enormous salary that will go along with it.

4. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    At this point, I'll take anyone not named Mark Sanchez.

5. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Pipe down, you'll take Sanchez and like it.

That sounded wrong :shifty:

6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    well, you left out the word "dirty"...

7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Johnny Knox in the third is a bit high, no?

8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

GOOD!!! Josh Freeman for you!!! :yes:

9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    How about if he's a Dirty Sanchez? With him....you could almost smell a franchise QB! :chuckle:

10. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    damn it....didn't see your post Paul. LOL
    Posted via Mobile Device

Paul 13 likes this.
  11. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    i hate clay matthews, but the draft makes a lot of sense. that draft would fill a lot of needs with "parcells" type guys.