It's official, JT is on the block

56 replies

wpgfishfanwpgfishfanNew MemberOP
Apr 22, 2008, 04:21 PM

Looks like Jason Cole was right

2 teams have confirmed JT is being shopped around. Miami is looking for a low first

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10793661

Well after 15 years Bettman lets hockey come back to Winnipeg. Thanks for wasting 15 years

UCF FINaticUCF FINaticNew Member
Apr 22, 2008, 04:26 PM

a low 1st?

We are having a hard time getting a 2nd pick. How do we expect to get a 1st?

I would accept anything that is in the 33-48 range for JT.

Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

charlestonphancharlestonphanNew Member
Apr 22, 2008, 04:26 PM

yeah, but nobody is gonna throw a number one at us for him...

R.I.P. Scott Knight; Dec. 1968 - Dec. 2007

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 04:27 PM

"charlestonphan wrote:

yeah, but nobody is gonna throw a number one at us for him...

people have made dumber moves

FinrunnerFinrunnerForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 04:30 PM

And don't you start high in negotiations?

Much easier to get a second by asking for a first than by asking for a fourth and hoping they pony up a second because they're charitable.

GO DOLPHINS !!!
WAR EAGLE !!!

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 04:32 PM

"Finrunner wrote:

And don't you start high in negotiations?

Much easier to get a second by asking for a first than by asking for a fourth and hoping they pony up a second because they're charitable.

I say we pay Rick Spielman a visit.

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
Apr 22, 2008, 04:32 PM

I'd be perfectly happy with just a 2nd rounder. IMO, at most we may be able to get is a 2nd and 4th, but no one in their right mind will pay a 1st (even a low 1st) given his age and possible new found interest in the limelight of Hollywood, meaning possible retirement to pursue other endeavors sooner than later.

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Apr 22, 2008, 04:34 PM

With the Jake Long signing I think JT stays, just my opinion.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 04:37 PM

"In_Flames wrote:

I'd be perfectly happy with just a 2nd rounder. IMO, at most we may be able to get is a 2nd and 4th, but no one in their right mind will pay a 1st (even a low 1st) given his age and possible new found interest in the limelight of Hollywood, meaning possible retirement to pursue other endeavors sooner than later.

i think a contender would give up a low 1st (seeing what the giants did with a great pass rush) and knowing jt will stay and play longer for a contender, rather than a 1-15 rebuilding team.....just my opinion tho

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 04:38 PM

Why does JT look like a DT in this picture.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 04:43 PM

"gi§h® wrote:

Why does JT look like a DT in this picture.

cause he hadnt started dancing yet

THtheWeaselNew Member
Apr 22, 2008, 04:49 PM

"Brown42000 wrote:

With the Jake Long signing I think JT stays, just my opinion.

I hope JT stays it would be a great workout for Jake Long to go against him in practice everyday. :yes:

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Apr 22, 2008, 04:52 PM

"charlestonphan wrote:

yeah, but nobody is gonna throw a number one at us for him...

Two words my friend, Rick Mirer...

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
Apr 22, 2008, 05:02 PM

"charlestonphan wrote:

yeah, but nobody is gonna throw a number one at us for him...

The Redskins just tried to throw two #1's at the Bengals for a major headache, I could see them giving us a #1 for JT.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Apr 22, 2008, 05:04 PM

I love JT... but theres no doubting that we have many needs on this team. We're not going to get a first round pick, but you always ask high to start. If we can get a 2nd round pick, and a later choice like a 4th or a 5th, we should be able to move JT, get some extra picks. With 3 second round picks we could really start re-building the core of this team in a hurry! It's that thought right there, that really makes me think if we can move him... we should.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

KuchaKuchaNew Member
Apr 22, 2008, 05:04 PM

The posturing has begun:

"We're not interested," said one club's GM. "What, we're going to give up a first-round draft pick for someone who turns 34 this year? I don't think so."

One of the two teams to whom we spoke indicated it might have interest if the Dolphins were to lower their demands, but a source close to the club said it would surrender nothing higher than a third-round draft choice.

That jibes with what several coaches and general managers at the owners' winter meetings said they would offer for Taylor -- but it's far less than what Miami is seeking in return.

I'd say that we end up trading him for a second and maybe another pick(s).

:taz:

SuperselfSuperselfForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 05:15 PM

Although he isn't an investment in a team's future, Taylor does provide "instant" pass rush legitimacy and big play ability to any suitor. Double digit sacks are almost a given with JT.
I feel that a 2nd rounder would be fair compensation.

Apr 22, 2008, 05:18 PM

I say we pay Rick Spielman a visit.

Or Dan Snyder.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

dgb11112dgb11112New Member
Apr 22, 2008, 05:19 PM

The only team that has serious interest is the Jag's they have a low first rounder that they might part with due to being one piece away or so from the SB. I believe they have the
26th pick in the draft.

In that spot lawrence Jackson is available.

Whitedolphin54Whitedolphin54Luxury Box
Apr 22, 2008, 05:21 PM

I think JT will end up a hit on the big screen. i would take a 2nd and a 5th for him.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 05:25 PM

"Whitedolphin54 wrote:

I think JT will end up a hit on the big screen. i would take a 2nd and a 5th for him.

So would I

WHwhatsburningNew Member
Apr 22, 2008, 05:26 PM

The request for the low first rounder may be a ploy that BP is using to show JT that he his being "shopped" in good faith, with the knowledge that Miami will not just trade him for the sake of trading him. BP may know that no team will give him a first rounder, so why not just put it out so JT can see that he's at least trying, and if no one bites, JT is still in the plans for our defense... Just my thoughts...

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Apr 22, 2008, 05:32 PM

I don't see JT being traded, but if Miami were trading him, I would expect them to have high demands. It's psychological tactic to ask for something big in return but really wanting something a bit smaller... If JT is traded on draft day, it'd be for a 2nd round pick, IMO.

branbranNew Member
Apr 22, 2008, 08:36 PM

i just get the feeling jason is going to be gone come saturday

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Apr 22, 2008, 08:44 PM

"SickFinFan33 wrote:

people have made dumber moves

Spielman anyone? :lol: Don't the Vikes need a guy like JT?

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!