1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J. Clayton: Williams more likely to stay in 2011 than RB

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Jun 22, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
  2. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I love me some Ronnie Brown, but the dude is hurt all the time. I think we need to look at that position in next years draft. If he leaves, so be it.

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Ohh they definately need to look at the position next year, and quickly bro!!

4. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    IMO sometime this season RB will receive an offer. How low or how high of an offer he recieves is anyones guess as is whether or not he accepts it.

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Next year, Brown and Williams are UFAs. Brown will probably want bigger money, but at 29 yrs old, oft injured and on the market makes it likely that the Troika pass on him...just my opinion...

I love Brown also, he'll have three strikes against him next season....1) a 29 yr old running back, 2) oft injured, to this point, having not completed an entire season and 3) a FA in the midst of labor unrest...

Now, he has some things going for him...when healthy, he's an elite back, tough inside runner and smooth pass receiver. Is well suited to the WCxQB spot, and can if pressed even throw a pass once in a while and left handed to boot. Is a true role model on and off the field. Is a little slow off the first step, but can and will carry tacklers for a few yards before going down. He also, so far, has handled his current RFA status quite well and has generally been the 'team' guy.

He probably won't get the money he would in a normal FA year, even if they work out a new CBA. One thing for certain, someone is going to get a pretty damn good back at a reasonable price, even if he can't shake the injury bug entirely. Personally I hope it's us...but I'm a bit biased...