1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jairus Byrd finally able to work out

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by MrClean, Apr 3, 2009.

1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He had a pulled groin that kept him out of the combine and Oregon's pro day. He finally worked out and his 40s were not impressive, although his shuttle and cone times were fine, as were his vertical and bench. IMO, he should still be tried first at corner.

ToddsPhins, Zanno and PerfectTeam like this.
  2. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Those forty times are disappointing but the guy can play. Absolute magnet for the interception. I believe your an Oregon fan Mr. Clean, what do you think of him?

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I'm a big fan of Byrd.

He has fine ball skills, is a very good open field tackler, physical, and the best run support corner in this draft. Looking at the 40 times, I suspect the groin is still bothering him, or kept him from running long enough that he has not fully regained everything he lost while he was laid up.
    IMO, he is the kind of corner that Parcells likes and someone who would draft if things fell the right way.

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    No doubt he suffered because of that. The unfortunate thing is now his real speed becomes a guessing game.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I have watched alot of Byrd and in my opinion he is Antoine Winfield in a Ducks uniform, I know Winfield ran a good 40 but they have simialr ball skills and tackling ability.

Well worth 2B depending what we do with the other 2 picks.