1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Long gaining fans on offensive line

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 9, 2008.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
  2. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Always nice to hear good reports from camp, especially about the rookies. And it's very encouraging to hear anything good about the o-line after years of shaky line play.

3. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    That's good news that Long is showing something. I also like that the coach isn't coddling him too much, even though the Dolphins are high on him.

4. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    It's truly amazing when you realize that the Dolphins seem to have finally done something they should have done a decade ago; rebuild the offensive line via the draft.

5. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

i'm glad Sparono isn't inflating his ego also. give him enough praise and and keep correcting slips and this guy is gonna be a monster in two seasons.

6. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    I agree the news is heartening. I think they have McKinnie as a safety valve at the other guard spot. Murphy, Darilek <sp?>, and Thomas will be given a chance to show if they can handle RG. If not, McKinnie gets it. And those younger players will be in competition for depth and to win the spot next year. If none steps up by next season, we can readdress it in the draft.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008