1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Long News

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    04/02/08 - Asked to name team needs..."We have to still address our offensive line. Offensive tackle. I think we need a young receiver. Corner. If there's a pass-rushing end. We've got the two ends, but we need a young end. And not generally in that order, but those are probably our biggest needs. We have plenty of needs, but that's where I'd start...If you take an OT at No. 2, have to play him right away, right? If you're going to take a tackle there, you've got to figure out a way to get him on the field. You can play your best five somehow. You're basically saying he's one of them, and it's not a bad problem...So who are the Rams taking at No. 2 overall? What I would tell you now would be speculation. It really would be. It would be educated (speculation), I have an idea. But I really don't know...can Jake Long play guard? I'm sure. But I personally wouldn't want him playing guard. He's one of the best tackles I've ever seen...can he play left or right tackle? There's no question in my mind he can play either one. In fact he looks better to me more comfortable in his left-hand stance. He played right for two, and left for two in college...could he start right away at RT in NFL - Oh yeah. I'm sure everybody's going to look at him the same way if they've got a left (tackle)...so if you took Long, you might play him at RT until Orlando Pace is finished playing in a couple, three years? If that was who we picked, we would have to look at it that way. That's assuming Orlando's ready to go (in '08). That's still a question mark, although we're very encouraged about where Orlando's going to be, especially for the next year or two. - NFL Owners Meeting Transcripts, Scott Linehan
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/index.php

PhinsRock and joefootball like this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Took a while to figure out this was Linehan/Rams. Doesn't matter because I don't think Jake will be there at 2, he'll already be a Miami Dolphin. I really see us taking Jake at #1, more every day.