Jake Long...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Nov 24, 2011.

1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

It was Ware's least productive game of the season pass rushing. He had no sacks or hits and one pressure. The first time this season he was held to a total of 1 between sacks, hits and pressures combined.

ssmiami likes this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

So Big Jake had a bad game, I'll stick by him and look forward to seeing him in another Pro Bowl (next year).

3. pitted151

pitted151 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    South Florida
    Naw...Just that Parcells selected an OL with the FIRST PICK OVERALL without addressing the QB position is stupid.....

4. pitted151

pitted151 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    South Florida
    As a Dolfan....I don't care about Pro Bowls, I never even watched a Pro Bowl. I care about getting to the Super Bowl and winning. If we have to trade Jake Long to get a QB in the draft, I'm all for it. Jake Long is damaged goods anyways, his body is to big for endurance in the NFL

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    How is he damaged goods when he is outplaying most, if not all, other left tackles during a down year?

6. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Pitted151.....antibiotics and a visit to an Opticians can cure it. Just saying.

7. pitted151

pitted151 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    South Florida
    You're not concerned that it's becoming evident he's more and more injury prone? After this season, he's a free agent and going to want BIG money in light of Joe Smith getting his big contract in Cleve. IMO, the LT is the most overrated postion in all of NFL. Just sayin' If we can get some playmakers in the furture drafts along with a QB, that will make this team fun to watch, I'm all for it! We have to cut our losses from the failed Parcells regime and build for the future, even if that means trading Jake Long for picks.

8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He's been suffering from one injury, and that is the shoulder he rehabbed from.

Jake is signed through 2012.

Which is why people are willing to spend first round picks on LT's? Dude, people hold the Left Tackle position in high regard because they are protecting what would be blindspots for most QB's (and I say most because very few QB's are left handed). Most of the great QB's in this league have LT's that are great, or, at the very least, pretty good. Why do you think Big Ben of the Steelers was begging for Max Starks to be re-signed? The only way a QB can properly use his playmakers is for him to be protected. You think having Colombo as the RT was devastating, imagine if he had to be our LT.

ssmiami likes this.
  9. MrClean

If you going to throw around opinions like you know something, at least get the player names right. ;)

ssmiami likes this.
  10. pitted151

pitted151 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    South Florida
    I understand the importance of a good LT, but don't you think it's a stupid move to draft a LT so high when the QB position has not been addressed? That's like buying a $50,000 safe to protect a $5 watch in Chad Henne.

I'm with Jimmy Johnson's philosophy on lineman, draft them no higher than the 3rd round and "coach them up", those great Dallas lines in the 90's had no linemen drafted in the 1st or second round. Draft Playmakers, or players who are going to impact the game in the first two rounds!

Yes Colombo was a devastating pick-up! Add that to the long list of reasons everything from the failed Parcells regime must go! Sparano is the so-called OL guru brought in from Dallas. The blame for the dismal state of mediocrity lies solely on the shoulders of Ireland and Sparano!

11. pitted151

pitted151 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    South Florida
    Joe Thomas.........my bad!

12. MrClean

Larry Allen was a 2nd rounder.