1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jalen Parmele Footage

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tone_E, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Up until this point, it was difficult for me to find any videos on this guy.

Check out this video, in fact, I think its from coaching tapes because there are 2 angles to the runs plus the scoreboard in between.

Seems to be a shifty runner with size that lacks break away speed. Interesting to see what he does in the preseason.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jlxPR8ngLlw

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Damn nice find man. Hopefully he makes us forget about Lorenzo whats his name..

Tone_E likes this.
  3. ElCajonJeff71

ElCajonJeff71 Junior Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I don't think he lacks the breakaway speed, if you notice his one punt return in the video was in the 4th quarter of that game and he was able to break away from the pack very easily. The one negative thing I noticed is that he never wrapped up the ball with both hands ever. Especially when he went through the line, he only ever used one hand and if I'm not mistaken it was always his right hand. So I hope he isn't one of those runners who has trouble shifting the ball from hand to hand, and if he thinks he can go through a line in the NFL without protecting the ball then he will have a very short stay in the league. These are very coachable habits to correct and I'm sure Sporano and the boys will do that. By the way, this was definately a combine/coaches tape made for him probably by his school and I'm sure there was a lot more of it. I like what I see and am looking forward to seeing more. Oh yea, one more thing, I know I seem critical of how he carries the ball but I believe he didn't fumble once last year and he had well over 300 touches.

4. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Great post, thanks for the info, and nice catch on Jalen not switching the ball. If Im correct I believe several RBs in the league have that issue, and some marquee backs too.

It appears he does have decent speed. Combine 40 @ 4.47.

Full Combine #s: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=14043

Also from that link is the below statement:

"Didn't have a fumble in four years and 276 carries." :lol:

Im impressed with this guy's lateral quickness. Great misdirection runner that can break arm tackles and emerge out of a crowd. I guess he suits our power running game.

5. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Nice find. What i noticed from that was he has good vision and can read a play nicely. Not sure what the competition was like in that game, but nonetheless he had patience and waited for his hole to open up, shifts created more yards.

I don't see how he can't contribute as a third back, develop and hopefully take over when ricky decides to depart in a year or two. And i don't see how he can't be as good as Lo Booker.

6. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I think the comparison between LoBook and Jalen are irrelevant. You can't compare apples to oranges. I agree with you though, his vision is great, and gets as many yards as possible with every play.

7. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Oh sorry, yeah i totally agree their comparisons are irrelevant, other than being the third back for the phins (we lost one but got one with some promise). Their running styles are completley different and irrelevant.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He looks like a serial killer in the first photo.

Dude can make plays though. Good power to go with speed. Poor man's Jonathan Stewart??

9. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    The thing is, the fact that we let Booker go may suggest that Henning's offense doesn't favor swing passes and screens to the RBs. Hence taking Jalen as a power back, even as a potential 3rd down back. This concerns me because Ronnie is an excellent receiver, and given a little space he can turn a first down into a touch down. We saw that against the Jets last year. I hope I am wrong. Anyone know Henning's style in regards to the RBs involvement in the passing game?

PS. I think I just hijacked my own thread..... :lol:

10. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    seems to have very good vision as well and can find the holes

11. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    VERY poor... I loved Jalen in college (and hopefully will in the pros), but that is a big stretch.

alen1 likes this.
  12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ooo. Do you have any more insight that some of us may not know about him??