1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamar Taylor wants to set the record strait.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jul 15, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Just stay healthy and we will fall in love with this dude..he's a human missle of a player, will center and stiiiiiiick your *** to the ground, and when he has his confidence, pure badass on the field.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...laymaker/d023d478-0745-4798-9d43-b2e4a688aeb7

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    sounds good, but I'm going to stay cynical with Jamar and hope that he proves me wrong.

ASOT and Clark Kent like this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Translation "I'm not a bust, really, honest, you gotta believe me!!!"

ASOT likes this.
  4. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Man I was just watching some highlights and DAMN was Patterson money...when he wasn't hurt :(

I hope Taylor can fill at least most of those shoes.

DPlus47 likes this.
  5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I believe Taylor has the ability physically to be a productive player in the NFL. Like others on here though, I want to see if he has the mental makeup to succeed at the highest level. Perhaps he has gotten past wanting to just quit because of what he went through last year, but only time will tell if he will be able to make it through all the highs and lows he is sure to face as a CB in the NFL.

I want him to come in and win the CB spot opposite Grimes, because I continue to feel that Finnegan is going to be a major bust as a free agent signing. If Taylor can't win the position, I think the secondary is going to be a major problem this year. I really don't see any other CB on the roster who can step up and become a solid starter opposite Grimes, if Taylor fails to win the position in training camp.

6. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Unfortunately Patterson just had too many injuries to risk signing him to a large contract. I too thought he was better than any of the CB's on the Dolphins roster except for Grimes. With our luck, he will probably not have any injury issues this season and that will only make the Jets defense that much more formidable.

7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I think the wanting to quit is being blown completely out of proportion. If he doesn't cut it, it doesn't mean it's all mental. Just means he's another mediocre pick by Ireland.

8. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
  9. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I agree he could just be another missed pick by Ireland. I just think that he does have the physical tools to perform in the NFL. I just worry about his ability to overcome the mental aspects of the game which will require him to deal with the injuries he is sure to suffer playing in the NFL.

Right now I really don't care what any of the young players are saying in regards to being prepared to play this coming season. I just want to see them put words into action once the regular season starts. All we have read over the past five off seasons is how prepared the players and coaches were have a successful season. There was a lot of talk from the players and the coaches, but very little success. So my attitude is, stop talking and show me on the field that you have what it takes to help make this team a success.

10. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Our defense was so much better when Patterson was on the field. If he can stay healthy, and I'm not confident he can, the Jets got a solid CB to replace Cro.