1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jarvis Landry (Q1)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by keithjackson, Oct 1, 2014.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I thought DJs observation of this...that Landry catches Punts with his hands...not his body.

2. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    I don't think the two are definitely related. On a kick off you field the kick and then decide to return it or not. On a punt you need to make that decision while the ball is in the air with defenders rapidly approaching so there is much more to think about.

3. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    you know it probably would've made more sense for you to do a quick search before accusing me of fabricating this. it took me 5 minutes to find these.

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't usually agree with LBsFinest and I do think he engages in actions that all too often bring down the level of discourse in the forum, but he got y'all on this one.

5. vt_dolfan

Can I ask why we play gotcha anyways?

I mean..who cares if someone said they thought Landry was gonna be Rookie Of the Year. Ok..Ill say it.

I think Jarvis Landry will be in the running for Offensive Rookie of the Year at the end of the season. Someone want to paint that all over their bedroom wall and get all wet thinking about goin...ohhhhhhhh oooooo gottttt yaaaaa.

If Im wrong...Doh!

To many people dig way back into the past ...."oh so you thought so and so was gonna be amazing..guess you were wronggggggg"....I wonder how many people that do this...actually put themselves out on a limb with some kind of prediction or projection.

I predict people will just keep on being dick H E A D S because they dont have anything better to do then be a dick H E A D in a football forum.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    lol.

The first one is from thread specifically about BOLD predictions.

2 other are from actual gameday threads, which you can't take seriously ever.

The other says he believes he'll have a shot at it. Which is true, all offensive skill rookies have a shot.

You acted as if it was a super common occurrence and it clearly wasn't. Hell more people complained about the fact we didn't sign any of NE's cut players before the game and how that was stupid, then swore Landry would be OROY.

7. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't know. I almost always do not approve of it. So when LBsFinest brought up that intentionally antagonist "got ya" where he was making fun of those who predicted rookie of the year for Jarvis Landry, I thought that was stupid and brought down the level of discourse in the forum even if he was right. But then others came on and went after him pretty hard claiming that nobody said that. And then he brought up four examples where people said exactly that, including a person that just got done saying that nobody made that prediction. Even though I hate the whole got ya game, and I moderate it when I see it on the Draft Forum, I gotta admit there's something amusing about that one.

8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I also said Duke Johnson = God during a Canes game. Because what people say during a game thread is a prediction right?

Its like calling you're girlfriend a s**t during sex. Do you really mean it?

ckparrothead likes this.
  9. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Stop making this exchange so amusing. We're supposed to hate these kinds of arguments, lol.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I live to entertain :lol: even at my own expense.

11. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i read this he is only 22 years old about jelani jenkins all the time, do people realize that jarvis landry is 21 only ? i know the speed aspect of his game probably won't change, but all the other stuff that is still to come, the most important thing is, he already sees the field a lot, even won a return job....give the kid some time

djphinfan likes this.
  12. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Landry is going to turn some heads in the next few weeks. Haven't been this stoked about a rookie WR since we drafted Chris Chambers....Well I was kind of excited about Tedd Ginn.

13. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Great day from Landry. Intense. Good special teams tackle today. Keep him on returns! And the obvious great catch, snatching the ball away from the defender. This guys balls are legendary in size.

DPlus47 likes this.
  14. vt_dolfan

Yeh..Ive got a bromance on Jarvis Landry..toss stats and what ever out the window..hes a joy to watch play football

15. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That was a great day for Landry.

This game is the first, imo, where he earned his playing time.

16. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Based on today and in general the season so far, i dont see how Hartline is on this team next season. Landry is gunning for that spot, and if we can save serious cash on Hartline, we will.

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    He hasn't proved to be able to play outside yet.

we will see.

18. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    As he readied himself for that special teams hit, I thought it was going to cause a fumble. It didn't, but I really liked watching him today.

19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i wanted them to stick with him at returner, and he showed why he should amongst many calling for his head..

Mcduffie81 and ElNino like this.