1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Allen could get more work + OTHER News

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Don't Forget About Miami's Defense; Sunday's Game Sold-Out; Dolphins Sign FB Polite; Other Notes
    Don't Forget About Miami's Defense; Sunday's Game Sold-Out; Dolphins Sign FB Polite; Other Notes - NEWS: Top Story Presented by WACHOVIA - MiamiDolphins.com

Q&A: Dolphins offensive coordinator Dan Henning
    Q&A: Dolphins offensive coordinator Dan Henning -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Tony Sparano says Jason Allen could get more work
    Dolphins' Tony Sparano says Jason Allen could get more work

Dolphins try Pennington pitch to help ticket sales
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/wires/story/729150.html

Dolphins avoid game blackout, barely
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi...nsnotes_1017.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Dolphins defense wants to raise pressure on Baltimore

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/729719.html

Larryfinfan, SICK, Silverphin and 6 others like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks ATVZ!

Surprised it took him this long to realize that to be honest but I am glad that he did realize it and he could let Allen play. I want to see him out there against WR's. However, I wonder how Allen uses his backpedal. I didn't watch him in college and I always thought that he was a good fit at Safety when he came here because he was good at going downhill. So that will be something to watch.

Silverphin likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    As far as ticket sales go, its all about momentum, if they wanted a home field advantage, beating the texans would of been incredible in terms of momentum and fanbase confidence, its the main reason why i have been giving them a hard time for comin out a litlle flat, recognizing the moment and all of the momentum they built up, they did'nt.

They could of thought a little ahead and how electric that stadium would of been against the ravens if the handled their business against the texans.

mullingan likes this.
  4. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    You're right, but quite a few writers have pointed out that the Dolphins have been really fun to watch the past three games. Hope that translates into more fan support.

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Quite frankly, Jason Allen should have been STARTING, let alone getting playing time.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  6. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm not going to hold my breath until i see it for my own eyes.

7. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Personally, I think this translates into: Jason Allen - First Round Special Teams Ace

Although I hope I'm wrong.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    It'd be nice to see Jason Allen get some time out there, we need to play him to see if its worth keeping him around or not. I think its safe to say, at least im hoping its safe to say... but i think our secondary will get its turn in rebuilding mode this offseason... so lets see what we've got in this guy. He was a promising pick, so lets see if we can turn him into something this year.

9. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I think London is gonna end up being special....

Loved the Long quote about being a man (30) and he's only 22 in both maturity and intelligence....tells me this administration is spot on in judging talent....

Got a great feeling about the direction this team is heading....and I love Coach Sparano. I think after all is said and done...Ill end up saying I would have taken the bad years with Wanny, Saban, and Cam....because in the end we ended up with a coach almost as beloved as Shula. Theres just something about Sparano that makes you believe in him...and you can definatley tell the team believes in him.

10. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Just noticed Henning's backhanded compliment for Chad P:

11. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Really rigidly and side shuffles too much. Horrible backpedal technique. Best bet for him is to jam the WR and then try to run with him.

alen1 likes this.
  12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ah, thanks. That's why we should have kept him at Safety then. I think he's a better player going downhill as I said in my first post.

13. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    He is but honestly, can't be worse than Goodman.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Can't argue that lol.

Regan21286 likes this.
  15. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    If he suggested otherwise he'd be accused of being senile! Chad can't make a deep throw. Look at the wildcat/flea flicker to Cobbs. Only when he's that wide open can Penny make that throw, and even then Cobbs still had to hold up :lol: