1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Allen finding success at cornerback + Other news

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 29, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Ophinerated, SICK and Larryfinfan like this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Channing is certainly reverting to his 'form' by disappearing. In the past, we've had Zach there to take up the slack. We don't have anything resembling a Zach in the LBer corps now though...So I ask "Where in the world is Channing Crowder??"

As to RW, I think they've just been using who's hot and it hasn't been RW...of course, it hasn't been Brown either...the run game has disappeared since teams now have some tape on the Wildcat. Time for the OL to step up and open some wholes for both guys...

3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    :knucks: I agree 100%. If we started to open holes for the running game, Pennington would be off the chain with his accuracy.

4. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    good news about jason. i like how the coaches determined he was a corner, when they realized he couldn't think. either way, seems like a step in the right direction.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    JA may finally be settling in at CB, I thought he played great last year at safety, but he doesn't seem to pick up the complexities of playing Safety full time..

I'd love to see him used as blitzer more often.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think we all know now why he has'nt been playing, he was a liabilty back there, yes he could make a great play but this coaching staff could not trust him making huge decisions at safety.

This reason and his body type were the two reasons i have lobbied for him to be a corner. I think with his particular athletisism, corner fits him nicely, he can play physical at the line, get his hands on the guy, run and chase and use his good ball skills.

The angles at corner are so much different then the angles you have to take at safety.

I always felt that with his thin frame and joints that the way he uses his body in hitting from the safety position is gonna get him on IR.

Iam happy the coaches made the switch and iam willing to give him some time to learn the position correctly.

Wait til we see this guy get comfortable with his technique, your gonna see someone who comes off the line of scrimmage like a cat and make tacles on the other side of the LOS, Jason allen coming on corner blitzes are exciting to think about.

Big kudos to our coaching staff for having the cahones to make the switch again.

padre31 likes this.
  7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Lol, that does explain a lot though. As the system got harder, he started falling behind?

But was he any worse then the crap they trotted out there?

Silverphin likes this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Jason Allen is a sucker for the play action pass. If i was his coach i would tell him to just keep his eyes on his receiver and stick to him like glue. His natural run instincts will take over eventually, iam just happy that he will be playing the run at the line instead of centerfield.

9. Sam

Sam Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I read this article a little bit differently than some. It's very possible that as the system got more complicated, JA started thinking too much to the point where he wasn't playing at his best. Sometimes being too bright can be just as bad as being dumb...too many variables can lead to a moment of indecision which is a killer in the NFL.

10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    He fell behind. That's all I said. Never called him dumb ;)