Jason Allen or Antonio Cramartie
44 replies
Granted this was only there 2nd year in the NFL but knowing what you know right now who would you rather of taken in the 2006 draft with the 16th pick. note that cromartie was 19th overall. i'd much rather have cromartie seeing what he has done. he was the guy i wanted that year going into the draft. i dont know but i think dominating CB's are more important than dominating FS.
whats your opinion
Lol Are you serious??? Jason Allen definately stepped up his play this year, but I'll take 10 interceptions anyday of the week. Cromartie, hands down.
We'll Be Back...
Yeah I mean this isn't really a question at this point. You take Cromartie.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
I would stick with the guy who hasn't started a game and doesnt know his position.....special teamer with the #16 pick far more valuable than 10 picks a season I mean how are we gunna get those tackles on kickoff
"President_Flipper wrote:
I would stick with the guy who hasn't started a game and doesnt know his position.....special teamer with the #16 pick far more valuable than 10 picks a season I mean how are we gunna get those tackles on kickoff
Jason Allen has started :huh:
I knew Cromartie was going to be a playmaker back during his college days at FSU.
Did you guys know that he started his collegiate careers as a wide receiver? Sort of explains his elusiveness once he gets the ball in his hands.
RealFootball365.com: NFL news and original commentary 365 days a year.
"NYFinFan wrote:
Jason Allen has started :huh:
Ok Ok but you get the point.......jesus get a sense of humor
we can only pray that jason allen evolves into the player antonio cromartie has become in his second season.
"Hugo Guzman wrote:
I knew Cromartie was going to be a playmaker back during his college days at FSU.
Did you guys know that he started his collegiate careers as a wide receiver? Sort of explains his elusiveness once he gets the ball in his hands.
yeah, cromartie was a hell of a talent then and he has only gotten better. Ill take cromartie.
"President_Flipper wrote:
Ok Ok but you get the point.......jesus get a sense of humor
I'm sorry but I didn't realize it was an attempt at humor. It's pretty obvious the choice is Cromartie, but I'm pretty happy with the strides Allen has taken. I think he's going to be a solid player one day.
"President_Flipper wrote:
Ok Ok but you get the point.......jesus get a sense of humor
I think the point here is that if you're going to take a shot at a guy, you might as well get your facts straight.
Not only did Allen start 8 games, but he actually put up some solid numbers, so referring to him as a special teamer sort of makes your joke lose it's punch.
RealFootball365.com: NFL news and original commentary 365 days a year.
yea another poor pick(ty nick)...but hopefully allen can keep improving this year
"You have to remember they're a sumo culture and they pay by the pound there, you know, sorta like tuna." -Patrick Healy
Zo 1st ballot HOF :up:
That shouldn't even be a question...we shouldn't have taken a safety at 16 anyway.He did start to play better this year and I'm hoping that he'll be a top player for years to come but I hope we never take another safety that high again.
Ozzy rules!!
AJ Smith made a deal with the devil
he hits on every draft pick
Cromartie was a raw guy and now he is Deion re-incarnated
Different sorts of players, Cromartie is a ball hawk, Allen is a big hitter, so while Cromartie wins hands down, Allen may not be a scrub either.
If we end up running a 46 defense this year, Allen's tackling and hitting will shine...just don't put him in coverages....yet...
Stupid question
Right now Cromartie. Looked like a playmaker in college and is looking like one in the pros. Definitely a guy I would want covering a tall WR. His cousin Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is very similar in most aspects and available in the upcoming draft.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Uh, there is no defending of Allen. He wouldn't have started had it not been for injuries, and the players in front of him weren't even good.
He only made plays in games that took place in a monsoon, and on an even playing field he was out-performed by Lance Schulters, but that didn't stop him from running up field in celebration after tackling Chad Johnson after the first down. Maybe he was just impressed he tackled an actual NFL star?
Yeah, so anyway, he'll go down as one of the biggest busts in Dolphins history. Nick's final '**** you' to the organization.
i would probly stick with Jason Allen he may not have picks but he can hit alot harder then Cramatie
I know u guys are going think im crazy but i like Jason Allen Better
"Manimal wrote:
Uh, there is no defending of Allen. He wouldn't have started had it not been for injuries, and the players in front of him weren't even good.
He only made plays in games that took place in a monsoon, and on an even playing field he was out-performed by Lance Schulters, but that didn't stop him from running up field in celebration after tackling Chad Johnson after the first down. Maybe he was just impressed he tackled an actual NFL star?
Yeah, so anyway, he'll go down as one of the biggest busts in Dolphins history. Nick's final '**** you' to the organization.
His best game was against the Eagles (7 Tackles, 6 Solo, and 2 INTs) where I'm pretty sure there was no weather problems, and in our only win of the year he lead the team in tackles for that game.
Oh and to answer the question, Cromartie by a lot.
the biggest homer in the world would have trouble arguing for Allen
"Manimal wrote:
Uh, there is no defending of Allen. He wouldn't have started had it not been for injuries, and the players in front of him weren't even good.
He only made plays in games that took place in a monsoon, and on an even playing field he was out-performed by Lance Schulters, but that didn't stop him from running up field in celebration after tackling Chad Johnson after the first down. Maybe he was just impressed he tackled an actual NFL star?
Yeah, so anyway, he'll go down as one of the biggest busts in Dolphins history. Nick's final '**** you' to the organization.
:001_rolleyes:
Prove it
"Manimal wrote:
Uh, there is no defending of Allen. He wouldn't have started had it not been for injuries, and the players in front of him weren't even good.
He only made plays in games that took place in a monsoon, and on an even playing field he was out-performed by Lance Schulters, but that didn't stop him from running up field in celebration after tackling Chad Johnson after the first down. Maybe he was just impressed he tackled an actual NFL star?
Yeah, so anyway, he'll go down as one of the biggest busts in Dolphins history. Nick's final '**** you' to the organization.
My God, how can someone be so wrong.....
Jason Allen was very good in his playing time this season and in no way did Lance Shulters outperform him.
I said it on draft day and leading up to it, Comartie is a sure thing at corner.
"DevereauxWilson wrote:
I said it on draft day and leading up to it, Comartie is a sure thing at corner.
No, he wasn't. There were serious concerns about his knee, otherwise he would've gone higher. I'll agree that he had the highest upside for that position though.....