1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Taylor headed to Hawaii

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nublar7, Dec 18, 2007.

1. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    IMO it could be improved if the votes of coaches and players were more important than that of the fans. How many fans voted linemen like John Ogden and Flozell Adams just because they didn't know the names of any alternatives?

2. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    It's a shame Garrard was injured. He was having as good of a season, if not better than both of them.

3. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Its the same old story. Big names over up and coming players.

4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I can see your case with the Gonzo/Winslow, but IMO Donald Driver deserves to be in the pro bowl.

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I thought Greg Jennings was better than Driver this year personally. Not sure if his stats reflect it though (I haven't looked, but i thought they did).

6. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Agreed, I was very surprized to see Driver's name instead of Jennings. Even though Driver has more receptions and yardage, Jennings has 12 TD's to his 2 and averaged slightly more yards per game. He was obviously Favre's red zone guy this season.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  7. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    My two biggest issues are Fred Taylor getting snubbed and Troy Polamalu doing nothing to earn that spot. Shame.

8. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Without a doubt Taylor got snubbed big time, as did Mario Williams who definitely deserved to be there especially over JT.

9. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    I don't know bro... Mario has 13 sacks granted, but if you look at the other stuff, he really isn't more productive that JT has been.

There is more to it than just sacks...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&season=2007&seasonType=REG

Now stats may not say it all but it does give you an idea of the production that a give player has put forth...

10. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX

Ken, I thought Mario deserved to be in over either Kyle or Jason. Then I looked at ALL the stats, and they are all pretty close together. I didn't think Jt had as many tackles as he did. I guess since I have thought his play has dropped this year, that he wasn't deserving of the Pro Bowl. But stats-wise, he is right up there, I agree with you.

Fred got snubbed. I don't know if it was worse then the year LT had 100 receptions and got snubbed though, lol.

Polamalou pisses me off though, Kerry Rhodes got snubbed again! Sean Jones has been awesome too. Either of them would have been significantly better choices.

Edit: I guess Rhodes plays a different position then Troy, but Sean Jones has been awesome this year. Even Donte Whitner (who I thought was better last year), is far more deserving then Troy.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  11. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Hahahaha!

Cameron Worrell is as deserving of the Pro Bowl as Polamalou!

I am not kidding, go compare thier stats.

12. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Reggie Nelson is more deserving. :huh1::thumbup:

13. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    This is the problem out here... We have one or 2 people state that JT sucks this year and then we have those that follow that lead WITHOUT looking at the facts... Are the stats everything? NO! But his selection to the probowl is legitimate as the man has been all over the field, in a vanilla defense, with rookies and 2nd stringers abound and where he is typically double-team on the line...

Last year he had Carter on the other side and they both had great years! This year, there hasn't been a counter to him and he is still being productive as hell.

Also, in the stats, there is no mention of the KEY blocked field goal in last week's game to turn the tide for the FINS before halftime.

Does he deserve a PROBOWL appearance? I believe he does... And BTW, he is only serving as a reserve for this probowl... Did he get recognition because of his name? Sure he did... He WAS the DPOY last year for God's sake!!!

14. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I am watching Mike Golic on the Mike and Mike Show, and he said Kyle Vanden Bosch or Jason Taylor should not be going to the Pro Bowl and Mario Williams should replace one of them. Mike should just focus on his Slim Fast diet. :lol:

15. big0mar

big0mar New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    its not that bad of an argument to say williams should have made it over JT. williams' numbers dont really do him justice. hes had a ridiculous amount of sacks over the past 5 games.

i would put gerrard in over roethlishberger. and yes, i think gerrard has been a better qb than anderson. i would even say gerrard has played his position better than manning this season.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007

thats exactly what im trying to figure out. how does a running back who has over 1000 yards with a 6.1 ypc average along with 4 100 yard games and a tight end who has 971 yards with i believe 78 catches not make it. voters are terrible these days.