1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason's role as a mentor to guys like Merling

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lee2000, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Jason's role as a mentor in what will likely be his last year may be more important than any trade value at this point. And the challenges he could bring to Jake Long in practice an early baptism before having to wait in the preseason games and the real thing. With the facts straight from the source I am leaning in my view his value will be more important as a Dolphin. I don't see the Dolphins getting any value for him at this point, and much of that is Jason's fault. If he wanted to play for a contender then he made serious blunders in the way he shared information. He is equally at fault for his own circumstances by being honest about his intentions. He is destined to be a Dolphin.

Lee2000

2. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I would agree with you on his role as a mentor if his head was still in football. Right now he's planning his retirement and wants to play for a winner, I think mentoring young kids is the last thing on his mind.

Also I don't think that you want your young kids looking up to a guy that is shunning his team at a time when the new regime is trying to change the attitude and identity. JT is supposed to be the leader, yet he has one eye on the field and one eye on the door instead of stepping up and helping to create chemistry. He isn't a Zach Thomas type that you would love your young players to look up to.