1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jay Glazer advice for the Phins.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jagfish, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Jagfish

Jagfish Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    This Planet you call Earth
    [Comment From al al : ]
    jay, any latest insight what ross is doing down in miami?

Wednesday January 5, 2011 1:21 al
    1:22 Jay Glazer: If he was smart he'd keep Sparano and have the team hire a new OC and get a QB. Sparano is actually a very good coach and they have the right DC in Nolan. Problem is, I don't think Sparano is flashy enough for Ross to show off to all his celebrity friends. So he'll probably blow it and can Tony and pick up some guy who's a shinier name
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Chat-with-Jay-Glazer-NFL-coach-rumors-playoffs-010411

Sounds about right concerning Ross. At this point Tony must feel like he is being kept in a cell awaiting the firing squad.

Marco and padre31 like this.
  2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    agree with glazer. we have a clown for an owner

Hexonx likes this.
  3. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Yeah, great coach.

His team has lost three straight games to close out the last 2 seasons while being in playoff contention that is also 1-9 its last ten home games.

And he's done such a great job developing Henne I'm totaly comfortable giving him and his crew a new guy to work with.

4. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I don't think Ross is a clown. I think he's trying to do what is best for the team. How many fans want to see Sparano gone? I don't, but the majority here do. Ross is looking at the bottom line. Bring in a new coach, that can do the job as well or better than Tony, and the seats will fill up next season. Do nothing and it looks like he's a lackadaisical and heedless owner. The fans won't come around for that.

I think he likes and wants Tony back next season. I think he needs to consider ALL options and look like he is considering all options for the fans sake. Tony knows this and the team knows this. If no "big name" out there signs with us Sparano will be his guy. And I for one don't think what is going on is wrong or a bad idea.

mnfinfan and djphinfan like this.
  5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I dont agree....

We have an owner who watched us finish 1-7 at home this season, with two straight years sans the playoffs.

We also have an owner who listens to the fan base to a degree, and sorry folks....aint alot of public support for Tony Sparano.

Whats laughable is the "shiny new name" phrase.....

So..if Ross wants to make a change at HC.....you want him to look at coaches not named Harbaugh, Cowher, Gruden, and Fisher....two coaches who have won rings...one thats been there...and a very very good college coach built for the NFL.

Yeh...that makes a ton of sense doesnt it.

jetssuck, Ozzy, djphinfan and 4 others like this.
  6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    All this talk of Tony Sparano being mistreated completely ignores the fact that as a supposed "very good coach" he lost the final 3 games of the season 2 years in a row and this year lost home games to the Browns (with Delhomme as QB), Lions (only won 1 other road game in 3 years) and the Bills. Inexcusable. The argument that Ross needs a flashy coach is crap. Ross wants a winning coach as any owner would.

7. Memphis_Alum

Memphis_Alum New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    IMO:

Keep Sparano. Keep Henne.
    Bring in the top OC you can find.
    Bring in QB coach (maybe even Chad P.)
    Use Draft and FA to address (in order): RB, OL, LB, TE, DL

8. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

We lost at HOME TO THE BROWNS AND THE DETROIT LIONS.

I REPEAT.....BROWNS AND LIONS....AT HOME......WE LOST.

Let it marinate for a minute or two for effect. WE LOST AT HOME TO THE BROWNS AND LIONS. The Lions have won exactly two road games in the last 4 years....and one of them was this year against us.

BROWNS AND LIONS......

Ugh

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Isn't every name "shiny" though?

With the exception of Harbaugh, those guys have proven track records in the NFL. Making a lateral move and hiring an assistant could be extremely risky. Those guys seem most qualified, it just so happens they are big names because of it.

jetssuck and djphinfan like this.
  10. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    BROWNS and LIONS and BILLS...OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Jay Glazer is the clown. That moron thinks he's a celebrity with his stupid MMA crap and his Subway commercials.

Sparano sucks. Period.

Ricky'sBong, Auburn and texanphinatic like this.
  12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    He's a Bucs fan anyway, screw him.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Browns beat the Patriots too.

34-14.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  14. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    A Jake Delhomme led Browns team and a Colt McCoy led Browns team are two very different teams. IMHO, Jake Delhomme is one of the worst players, not just quarterbacks, but players in the league today.

Ricky'sBong likes this.
  15. flynryan151

flynryan151 New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Yeah Jay great coaches collapse down the stretch at home with the playoffs on the line! Great coaches finish up 0-3 at home vs the Browns, Bills, and Lions! This decades 3 worst teams! Not to mention being up 10 with 6 mins togo and folding like a cheap lawn chair to Shuan Hill!

16. Ricky'sBong

Ricky'sBong Reborn

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    stick to being a wannabe MMA fighter and telling everyone Couture is your buddy Glazer.

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    sparano and his staff put themselves into this position of limbo, the owner is doing what he needs to do to explore option's at this point, 1 and 9 at home in your last 10 will do that to you..

The circumstances, the effort, the miss communication..The disgusting way the team performed down the stretch deserves to be looked into..

Iam not mad at ross...

Huiezinga and Parcells are not in our front office, this is ross's team now, and he should do whatever the fu*& he wants to do, he didn't hire the current staff, his VP of football operations cowardly stepped away, so he doesn't owe any of those disciples. sh$#

18. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Dephinistr8's advice for Jay Glazer:
    Shut up.

MonstBlitz, Uncle Rico and ToddsPhins like this.
  19. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I don't want anyone who will be outsmarted by Belichick year after year like Wiley Coyote & Road Runner.

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Jay glazer reminds me of my favorite commercial...bud lite dragon man

Hot bartender chick..'' your scaring the customers''

Jay glazer in his full on dragon ensemble retorts..''your scaring the customers''

Ricky'sBong likes this.
  21. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    :chuckle:

"But that is not what we want to hear!!! How dare he!!!"

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  22. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    "Sparano is actually a very good coach" Did I miss the punchline?

DolfanJake likes this.
  23. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Glazer must have missed all this mismanaging of the clock these past two seasons. Or all the wasted timeouts. Or the putrid special teams he fielded by hiring his friend. Or the worse than putrid offense he let be run the last two seasons. Or the 1500 FG's.........i can add more.

Sparano is an OK coach, who may, have potential to get better but he's been far from good.

DolfanJake likes this.
  24. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    This team has been a disaster under Sparano on offense, defense and special teams at different times during his tenure. Yet he somehow escapes responsibility.

DolfanJake likes this.
  25. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Every team has 1 or 2 bad games a season
    We are superior, as we have 9 bad games a year:shifty:

26. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Yay! :)

That was the 1 game...all season long, the Pats looked bad. That was their "wheels fall off game". The loss to the Jets early for them? Meh..no biggie..and everything else for them has been relatively smooth sailing.

I would trade our 7-9 for 14-2 every single season if it means 1 of those 2 losses was a complete ***-whooping

DolfanJake likes this.
  27. Hexonx

Hexonx Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    No doubt.

28. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    This thread would be better without the vitriol. I disagree with Glazer, no insults needed.

Bottom line, we don't have a bad coach. But we don't have a great one either.

If the current one ain't working out, you keep looking for that great one.

IMHO

jetssuck and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  29. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I agree. But Sparano has many things that players look for in a coach. Also, he's only been a HC coach for 3 seasons and it typically takes a coach longer than that especially coming off of a 1-15 season where nearly the entire team is crap or old.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  30. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Winning 7 games with Chad Henne as your QB is nothing to be ashamed about.

padre31 and adamprez2003 like this.
  31. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    LOL at people who would blame Ross over Sparano. Let's be honest. It's really hard to fully understand how a coach influences a team. We're all operating on a lot of circumstantial evidence. But here's that evidence in a nutshell. The defense has benefited from great personnel moves by Ireland and the addition of Mike Nolan this year. And just about everything else has been ****. Our special teams has been one of the worst in the league for three years. The special teams coach was finally fired this year even though many of us were calling for his head last year. Turns out we were right and Sparano was wrong. So what else do we know? We know that a lot of guys we've let go in recent years have gone on to play well for other teams. We know that we have a tendency to be completely inept at clock management. We know that, with Sparano on the hot seat, our team didn't show up for the last game. We know that players have now come out and criticized the atmosphere and, specifically, his coaching style.

But yeah, totally the fault of the owner who actually gives a damn and has spent a **** ton of his own money to make this team better. Great logic.

32. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh, I also forgot that our offensive line that we're told every year is going to be a top unit consistently disappoints even though that is our coach's specialty.

jetssuck likes this.
  33. Ricky'sBong

Ricky'sBong Reborn

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Sparano is in over his head. Been fairly apparent for a while. His whole thing was supposed to be motivating and how much the players respect and play hard for him. Now that its obvious that isnt the case anymore, what does he bring to the table?

34. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Cannolis? :dunno:

ToddsPhins and Frayser like this.
  35. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    This post receives my official nomination for Post of the Year.

36. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Go on about the Brownies all you want, but I think you, and many others here underestimate the job that Jim Schwartz and Martin Mayhew (i think) have done rebuilding the Lions. They aren't your typical crap Detroit Lions any longer. They closed out the year on a 4 game winning streak, including beating the Bucs and the Packers, both who finished with strong records, and shame for the Bucs, but they should be in the playoffs. Just because they'd only won one other road game in 3 years up to that point means nothing IMO. They're(the lions) probably going to make the playoffs next year. Mock them all you want, but theyre alot stronger than we're giving them credit for. Mind you, we still should have beat them, hell we had that damn game damn near won. However, theyre not as bad as youd like to think anymore.

Ophinerated and ToddsPhins like this.
  37. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    And has shown no improvement as a game day coach what so ever..... how long you want to wait?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    hahahaha

39. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Especially after the awesome job he's done developing him...... Chad should be ready to change to baseball anytime now

DePhinistr8 and ToddsPhins like this.
  40. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    If it wasn't for the CBA i feel like these decisions would be made much quicker.