1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jericho Cancelled......Again

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Motion, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Cbs-Cancels-Jericho/800036005

Bummer, this season has been awesome.

2. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

:sad:

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Damn. I was enjoying it.

4. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Yeah, the storyline was good, even if the new director was shooting it soap-opera style (e.g., the lingering close-ups before scene transitions). Hoping for a good finale.

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I figured it was bound to happen again. Chances are if the ratings were poor and it got cancelled the first time around, second time around probably wouldn't fare that much better. Shame though, sounds like it was a pretty good show

6. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    If I like a show, it's inevitable that it be cancelled.

7. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    They just dont give shows time now. They should switch all tv to a digital subscription service where you can download episodes, like OnDemand.

8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Darn, I like this show.

9. Phins28

Phins28 Up the Irons

Dec 4, 2007
    Puerto Rico
    :sad: damn

10. yboord028

yboord028 AFC East Champs

Mar 22, 2008
    Ballston Spa
    I know that they said that they had 2 endings and are going to use the one that kind of ties together things but leaves it open to start it again but hopefully a cable channel picks it up after this season. I kind of doubt it though.

11. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Skeet Ulrich (Jake) has said that the fans will not be very happy with the ending.

12. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Well then, why the hell would they shoot it that way in the first place? :cursing:

13. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Oh dear ... that doesn't sound good.

Speaking of Skeet ... when is someone to cast him and Johnny Depp as brothers in a movie? That would be awesome!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Motion likes this.
  14. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Tv-Mattrs/Jericho-Boss-Eyes/800036141

15. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Jericho Seeks A New Home

Carol Barbee, executive producer of CBS' canceled post-apocalyptic series Jericho, told SCI FI Wire that talks are ongoing to find the show another home, perhaps on a cable network.

"I can't really say [much] about specifics, and, ... partially, it's because I'm not the one having those conversations," Barbee said in an interview on March 24, the eve of the show's final episode. "[CBS] Paramount [Television, which produces the show,] has been pursing it, and our agents have been into that, so, you know, I am pushing those people and coming up with ideas to have those people pursue."

Barbee wouldn't offer details about any talks. "There were several ideas that have been floated, and there was some interest, but we'll have to see," she said. "It wasn't something that could be sewn up before we were going to air the finale. ... It would have been better had we been able to announce one with the other, but it just didn't happen that fast."

Barbee said that she and the show's cast and crew got official word of the show's cancellation at the end of last week, in time to choose one of two endings for the season finale: A cliffhanger or a series ender. "We were told that they were having a meeting on Thursday, ... internally at CBS, to decide which of the endings to show for this Tuesday night's finale, and then we were given the heads up after that meeting that they were going to show the alternate [ending, with the series finale], which obviously to us meant that we were going to finish our run on CBS," Barbee said. Barbee asked CBS to delay its formal announcement for 24 hours so she could inform the cast and crew; the news broke on Friday.

If Jericho is not picked up for another season by a TV network, Barbee said that she could envision it living on in some other form. "There's definitely an Internet series to be had, and we always talked about a graphic novel, and ... a movie," Barbee said. "I mean, there are lots of things that I could easily see as a way to continue the story."

But time may be running out. Jericho wrapped its second season of episodes back in November, just as the writers' strike was beginning. Since then, the cast and crew have been freed to pursue other projects, and the show's sets and backlot have been dismantled and either destroyed or put into storage. Barbee herself has moved on to another series, Swingtown, created by Jericho alumnus Mike Kelley, about the lives of couples experimenting with sexual and social mores in a 1970s Chicago suburb, which will air on CBS this summer and is shooting on the same stages once occupied by Jericho.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=50950

Motion likes this.
  16. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Sci Fi shows all the old ones now, it would be a great fit.

17. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    That was an AWESOME ending. Don't know what Ulrich was talking about...it was freaking great. Just sad it's ending.

18. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Tonight's season finale was great. if you're going to go out, that ending was the way to do it ... loved the last 20 minutes of the show.

The producers of the show are already shopping it on other networks, so here's hoping someone picks it up. It seems a logical fit on one of the big budget cable networks (specifically SciFi or USA), or even on one of the other networks, like CW, who seems like they need all the programming help that they can get.

I'm disappointed in CBS. They've done a horrible job promoting the show, and they had a serial drama that would rival Heroes / Lost / 24. I'm not saying that Jericho is necessarily better than those shows, I'm just pointing out that CBS had a similar show on their hands, but were clueless with how to promote it. Seems like they simply brought it back due to fan reaction, just to appease them, and simply canceled it again. Lame.

Disappointing too, because the show had really tightened up this season. Some of the slow pacing from last season was cut just due to the shortened season, but I think it helped them. In a perfect world this would have been a 10 - 12 episode arc, so here's hoping that CBS recognizes this and does a "Director's Cut" for DVD.

I'm still a huge fan of the show, so wherever it ends up I'll likely follow it.

19. yboord028

yboord028 AFC East Champs

Mar 22, 2008
    Ballston Spa
    Yeah they definitely left that open for future seasons, I really hope it finds a new home because its really the only show I have gotten into the past few years besides Heroes.

20. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.

They might as well keep it going.

21. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Dont know if you have already seen it bro but try DEXTER.

IMHO its an excellent show.

22. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I agree, great finale. Gave closure but also kept the door open if they do manage to get picked up elsewhere.

23. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    100x's better on showtime

24. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
  25. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.