1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerod Mayo Interview

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=131

Tennessee junior linebacker Jerod Mayo has made a lightning move up draft boards recently. NFL teams love his play and covet his athleticism. This first round pick and intelligent prospect was very candid with Wes Bunting.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Jerod Mayo: I had a very nice conversation with the Patriots Head Coach, Bill Belichick and he told me, the more film he watched of me, the more he liked me. It is just a matter of time, once teams start watching more film of me the more they are going to like me.

Q: What teams did you have contact and private meetings with at the combine and was there any chalk talk involved?

Jerod Mayo: I talked to a bunch of teams, the Vikings, Rams and I had a really good conversation with the Jets. I got to meet Jerry Jones, the owner Cowboys and Daniel Snyder, the owner the Redskins. But I talked to a lot of assistant coaches and General Mangers and they all wanted to see how much I knew about the game. That’s the part of the game where I feel most confident with and had no problem talking X’s and O’s with them.

please :no:

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    What dont you like about him might I ask? I love this kid personally, back when he was considered a late 1st early 2nd I was hoping we would pick him up. Smart guy and a tackling machine, him or Curtis Lofton would be a great replacement for Zach, though I dotn see any way Mayo makes it out of the first now.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    No, I said :no: because I dont want him to end up with NE or NYJ. I love his play.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Ah that makes much more sense :hi5: Frankly there are lots of people I would hate to see on either team. About the only guy I want them to end up with is McFadden :lol:

Will just have to hope they bust I guess! And I dont even have to feel bad for the player cause hes still gonna get a ****load of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :hi5: I agree with you.

7. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Looks like I might be right with New England picking him at 7 :D

8. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO

The Pats would be dopes to take Mayo that early....Rivers of USC is way better. Pats won't pick him at 7 and he will be long gone when they pick again due to the pick they forfeited. :yes: