1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jests average quarterback

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by USArmyFinFan, Sep 21, 2010.

1. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Thought this was a good read, and right on point. If they are right and our D play lights out this Sunday, Dirty Sanchez should be nothing more then average. Thoughts?

unluckyluciano and SeanP like this.
  2. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I was thinking EXACTLY that the other day. I was debating posting it, but I figured there wasn't enough data to really make an argument.

The Bengals definitely allow for the ability to draw comparisons this early in the year. Since they have played the two teams that the Jets have played.

Sanchez didn't have an epiphany in week 2. He played against an inexperienced secondary a week after getting absolutely violated by the Ravens. I'd definitely expect to see something between the two from us, but closer to what the Ravens did. And if Braylon doesn't make it to the game Sunday night, it's going to be much worse than what the Ravens did.

USArmyFinFan likes this.
  3. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    The Jets had a horrific offensive gameplan against Baltimore. Midway through the 4th quarter he had attempted a mere 11 passes. The Jets were bound and determined to make sure Sanchez didn't lose the game. They also made sure he didn't win it. I think they threw once on first down the entire game. It was pathetic. So while the Ravens have a good defense, I credit the ineptitude of Schottenheimer play calling more than a failure on Sanchez's part.

When Sanchez is allowed to play, he is not nearly as bad as he looked in the Ravens game. He isn't great, but he doesn't suck. He made some really good reads and throws on Sunday, plus he bought himself some time with his feet. That will probably come in handy against you guys.

4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I'm not saying he's horrific, but I'm saying his numbers are very disparate. Right now Sanchez is an average QB at best. He may not have gotten a fair shake in the Ravens game, but the point is the shots he did get he didn't make much with.

I'm far from saying Sanchez is garbage, but he's not going to win any games by himself, unless the opposing defense is handing out points like Planned Parenthood hands out condoms.