1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jests Coach Ryan starts the Boo hoo in team meetings

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by DOLFANMIKE, Nov 17, 2009.

1. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Rex Ryan sheds tears in team meeting
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2009 9:06 AM ET

"Now that the Jets have lost five of their next eight games (and five of six), Ryan is shedding tears again.

According to Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post, Ryan cried during a Monday morning team meeting following Sunday's loss to the Jaguars.

"He didn't bash us at all; he was just very emotional . . . he was crying," tackle Damien Woody told Cannizzaro. "Rex believes in our team so much I can't even put it into words and it would be a shame if we didn't capitalize on our opportunity."

"I was a little upset to see him that way," cornerback Darrelle Revis added. "I'm upset for the same reasons he's upset. . . . I haven't been a part of a meeting where a coach cried like that. . . . ."

"He was talking about the situation -- this upcoming game with New England and how we're still there, how we still have a pulse," Woody explained. "He said it's all about us, that nobody believes in us and that we are the only ones who believe we can get things done.

"He said, 'I believe in you; I believe you get can get this thing done,' and that's when he really got emotional. . . .

Every year, a team seems to emerge from a mediocre midseason record, getting hot down the stretch and carrying it into the postseason. And if the Jets can go to Foxborough and complete a sweep of the Patriots, that might be the spark Ryan's team needs.

But maybe Ryan's tears came from the reality that, after letting one get away on Sunday night in Indy, the Patriots will be looking to hang 60 on a Jets team that treated a win in Week Two like a victory in early February."

Next phase of his plan to keep his job in NY will be to unite all the fat ugly people who live in New York to stand behind the Jests.

2. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dick Vermeil could get away with the water works stuff because he was successful beforehand, when Rexxy does it, it seems desperate and clutching.

4. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Aside from the fact that he's supposed to be a badass.

Kinda reminds me of the bully in "A Christmas Story" after Ralphie kicks his ***.

Clipse, Ohio Fanatic and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Its also understandable that Vermeil became soft given that he had heart problems in the past, so he had to take it easy

6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't recall Dick Vermeil ever crying because his team was losing, though. He cried when he retired from the Eagles, and when the Rams won the SB. I'm pretty sure I saw him cry over a player injury, etc, or when the Chiefs pulled out an emotional win.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    To qoute Dave Chapelle: "What a bigity *****".