jets December to Remember
153 replies
"BicketyBam wrote:
I debated the stupidity of your original post and documented the error in Marine's. Reading in fundamental.
sent from my EVO 4G
The error was that I wrote 55 rather than 42 degrees.
Again, and according to the other Jests fan and yahoo, if you go by what they consider "cold", Sanchez is 1-2 with 8 INT's and 1 TD.
So, in reality, the OP wasn't stupid and is correct.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"padre31 wrote:
So is grammar...lol!
J/K man.
Damn Evo. I hate typing on that thing!
-Ed-
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
The error was that I wrote 55 rather than 42 degrees.
Again, and according to the other Jests fan and yahoo, if you go by what they consider "cold", Sanchez is 1-2 with 8 INT's and 1 TD.
So, in reality, the OP wasn't stupid and is correct.
I was debating the part where he uses the late season collapse of 2008 as part of his argument.
And FWIW, I don't put much stock in the Sanchez cold weather statistic for 2 reasons: 1. limited sample size and 2. Sanchez was a first year rookie starter last year. But whatever blows your hair back.
-Ed-
"BicketyBam wrote:
I was debating the part where he uses the late season collapse of 2008 as part of his argument.
And FWIW, I don't put much stock in the Sanchez cold weather statistic for 2 reasons: 1. limited sample size and 2. Sanchez was a first year rookie starter last year. But whatever blows your hair back.
2008??? you mean last year 2009?:lol::tongue2:
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
"BicketyBam wrote:
It is. Jets go 2-3, only beating the easy teams left on their schedule ;)
Ah...the cockiness of being a Jet fan finally surfaces. :tongue2:
Miami is an easy team, huh? :wink2:
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"BigDogsHunt wrote:
2008??? you mean last year 2009?:lol::tongue2:
No - I mean 2008. He made the reference to the Jets team that started 8-3 and finished 9-7 and how history would repeat itself.
-Ed-
"Pagan wrote:
Ah...the cockiness of being a Jet fan finally surfaces. :tongue2:
Miami is an easy team, huh? :wink2:
You have to take my post in context. I was replying to something someone else wrote. It was just a simple ball busting back and forth. I am about as far as you can get from a "cocky" Jets fan. Come meet my son and ask him how Dad is when we watch the games (or even discuss the Jets for that mattter) :lol: He says that I write them off after the first 5 minutes of every game. :pointlol:
Honestly, no divisional game is easy and rarely are games our two teams play easy either. That being said, the Jets are going to be expected to win that game. They will only be favored in two games the rest of the way and that is the Miami game and the Buffalo game. But we all know that doesn't mean an automatic win.
Irregardless of the outcome of the Pats/Jets game, I am sure you will hear a lot of Jets talk in the NY media on how they should beat Miami. And a lot of that has to do with the fact that they already beat them in FL. Personally, I think the game is a tossup.
So long story short - I was busting balls :tongue2:
-Ed-
"BicketyBam wrote:
You have to take my post in context. I was replying to something someone else wrote. It was just a simple ball busting back and forth. I am about as far as you can get from a "cocky" Jets fan. Come meet my son and ask him how Dad is when we watch the games (or even discuss the Jets for that mattter) :lol: He says that I write them off after the first 5 minutes of every game. :pointlol:
Honestly, no divisional game is easy and rarely are games our two teams play easy either. That being said, the Jets are going to be expected to win that game. They will only be favored in two games the rest of the way and that is the Miami game and the Buffalo game. But we all know that doesn't mean an automatic win.
Irregarless of the outcome of the Pats/Jets game, I am sure you will hear a lot of Jets talk in the NY media on how they should beat Miami. And a lot of that has to do with the fact that they already beat them in FL. Personally, I think the game is a tossup.
So long story short - I was busting balls :tongue2:
Funny thing is, the Dolphins are maybe 4-1 ATS on the road, this year's team plays really well as road dogs.
"BicketyBam wrote:
I was debating the part where he uses the late season collapse of 2008 as part of his argument.
And FWIW, I don't put much stock in the Sanchez cold weather statistic for 2 reasons: 1. limited sample size and 2. Sanchez was a first year rookie starter last year. But whatever blows your hair back.
I don't put too much stock in it either. However, the other Jests fan wanted to know what the OP was basing his comment on and then tried to act as if Sanchez hasn't played badly in cold weather. I showed that he has played horribly (although his completion % is bad in both warm and cold) in games where the temperature was below 42 degrees. I don't think there is enough of a sample size to come to any conclusions or say with any confidence that Sanchez will ALWAYS played bad in cold wether, but that doesn't mean the OP was wrong in his statement. Sanchez, so far, has 8 INT, 1 TD and is 1-2 in games under 42 degrees. The OP was right and the other Jests fan was wrong.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"BicketyBam wrote:
You have to take my post in context. I was replying to something someone else wrote. It was just a simple ball busting back and forth. I am about as far as you can get from a "cocky" Jets fan. Come meet my son and ask him how Dad is when we watch the games (or even discuss the Jets for that mattter) :lol: He says that I write them off after the first 5 minutes of every game. :pointlol:
Honestly, no divisional game is easy and rarely are games our two teams play easy either. That being said, the Jets are going to be expected to win that game. They will only be favored in two games the rest of the way and that is the Miami game and the Buffalo game. But we all know that doesn't mean an automatic win.
Irregarless of the outcome of the Pats/Jets game, I am sure you will hear a lot of Jets talk in the NY media on how they should beat Miami. And a lot of that has to do with the fact that they already beat them in FL. Personally, I think the game is a tossup.
So long story short - I was busting balls :tongue2:
Ed...I know that. I was busting your balls too. ;)
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Does that include wind chill? Because any weather man worth their salt knows that wind chill is what really matters.
BWWHAHAHAHA!!
If you include the wind chill, Sanchez has played in 7 games where the temperature with the wind chill was 40 degrees or colder. The games are:
Start 6 - Buf 2009
Start 10 - NE 2009
Start 13 - ATL 2009
Start 15 - CIN 2009
Start 16 - CIN Playoffs 2009
Start 27 - CLE 2010
Start 29 - CIN 2010
Combined in all of those games he is 99/185 1191 6 TD's 14 INT's QBR 52.78
In his last 5 cold weather games (temp with wind chill 40 or below) he is 81/135 936 5 TD's 5 INT's QBR 77.9
In 2010 cold weather games (temp with wind chill 40 or below) he is 43/72 465 3 TD's 2 INT's QBR 81.1
In games where the temp with wind chill is below 20 (now that's cold, right?) he is 38/63 471 2 TD's 3 INT's QBR 74.2
-Ed-
"padre31 wrote:
Funny thing is, the Dolphins are maybe 4-1 ATS on the road, this year's team plays really well as road dogs.
By all means feel free to cover the point spread ;)
-Ed-
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
I don't put too much stock in it either. However, the other Jests fan wanted to know what the OP was basing his comment on and then tried to act as if Sanchez hasn't played badly in cold weather. I showed that he has played horribly (although his completion % is bad in both warm and cold) in games where the temperature was below 42 degrees. I don't think there is enough of a sample size to come to any conclusions or say with any confidence that Sanchez will ALWAYS played bad in cold wether, but that doesn't mean the OP was wrong in his statement. Sanchez, so far, has 8 INT, 1 TD and is 1-2 in games under 42 degrees. The OP was right and the other Jests fan was wrong.
See my other post. And if you want to include Sanchez's two worst games because the wind chill was below 42, then you have to include the other games I included. If you want, I can post the temp and wind chill for all 7 games.
-Ed-
"BicketyBam wrote:
If you include the wind chill, Sanchez has played in 7 games where the temperature with the wind chill was 40 degrees or colder. The games are:
Start 6 - Buf 2009
Start 10 - NE 2009
Start 13 - ATL 2009
Start 15 - CIN 2009
Start 16 - CIN Playoffs 2009
Start 27 - CLE 2010
Start 29 - CIN 2010Combined in all of those games he is 99/185 1191 6 TD's 14 INT's QBR 52.78
In his last 5 cold weather games (temp with wind chill 40 or below) he is 81/135 936 5 TD's 5 INT's QBR 77.9
In 2010 cold weather games (temp with wind chill 40 or below) he is 43/72 465 3 TD's 2 INT's QBR 81.1
In games where the temp with wind chill is below 20 (now that's cold, right?) he is 38/63 471 2 TD's 3 INT's QBR 74.2
So you just proved the other Jet fan incorrect, right? And in doing so showed that there is more of a sample size than I first thought. This proves even more that Sanchez does not play well in cold weather.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"BicketyBam wrote:
See my other post. And if you want to include Sanchez's two worst games because the wind chill was below 42, then you have to include the other games I included. If you want, I can post the temp and wind chill for all 7 games.
Where did you get the temperatures? I did a google search and found only limited weather info on past games.
Thanks!
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
So you just proved the other Jet fan incorrect, right? And in doing so showed that there is more of a sample size than I first thought. This proves even more that Sanchez does not play well in cold weather.
I have a hard time using last year's stats as a barometer. He was a true first year rookie and two of his worst games were in NFL start #6 and #10. And how do you explain his stats for the games where it was under 20 degrees? His QBR for the year was 63. In games that year where the wind chill temp was under 20 degrees, his QBR was 74.2. So do we say he plays better in frigid conditions? I wouldn't.
Based on sample size and the fact that he was an NFL rookie, I really don't think you can draw any conclusions about how he plays in cold weather. If anything, I would be more inclined to look at this year where he was an overall QBR of 81.9 and a QBR of 81.1 in cold weather games (temp with wind chill 40 or below) and say he play the same.
-Ed-
As long as he's not airing it out down the field every game, Sanchez should be fine IMO. Some Jets fan will disagree with me but he still hasn't showed me that he can throw the ball well down the field. The guy was McNabb-like every time I watched him in college.
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Where did you get the temperatures? I did a google search and found only limited weather info on past games.
Thanks!
I went to NFL.com to the Jets schedule. Then I clicked on the final score of the games to bring up the game page. If you then download (or open) the playbook (in .pdf format) it tell you temp, wind chill, wind and general conditions (cloudy, sunny, etc.). This is what I have:
Start # Opponent Temp Wind Chill
6 Buf 2009 44 30
10 NE 2009 45 40
13 ATL 2009 29 18
15 CIN 2009 20 4
16 CIN 2009 21 9
27 CLE 2010 46 39
29 CIN 2010 39 39
-Ed-
"alen1 wrote:
As long as he's not airing it out down the field every game, Sanchez should be fine IMO. Some Jets fan will disagree with me but he still hasn't showed me that he can throw the ball well down the field. The guy was McNabb-like every time I watched him in college.
You'll get no argument from me.
I never saw him play in college. Growing up in NY, I never watch college football....not even the big bowl games. Did Sanchez throw downfield a lot in college?
-Ed-
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Not only that, he's a typical lying Jests fan.
His REAL stats are:
693 yds
6 TD's
0 INT's
53% comp rating
For comparison, let's see how well Henne has done:
718yds
5TD's
1 INT
64% comp rating
7 TDs
I guess rushing TDS do not count to phins fans
"GreenMachine wrote:
7 TDs
I guess rushing TDS do not count to phins fans
When a person is mentioning how many TD's a QB has and doesn't clarify that they are talking about both rushing and passing TD's and when they leave off a HUGE QB stat such as completion percentage that person is either being intentionally misleading or fails to understand how QB's are judged.
Which are you?
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
When a person is mentioning how many TD's a QB has and doesn't clarify that they are talking about both rushing and passing TD's and when they leave off a HUGE QB stat such as completion percentage that person is either being intentionally misleading or fails to understand how QB's are judged.
Which are you?
I remember Bill Parcells when he was with the Jets saying that he judged QB's by how successful they were in leading the team to the endzone. That always stuck with me.
-Ed-
"BicketyBam wrote:
I remember Bill Parcells when he was with the Jets saying that he judged QB's by how successful they were in leading the team to the endzone. That always stuck with me.
And that's crap. If a QB hands the ball off 12 times in a row and they score a TD does that mean the QB is "successful"? IMO it means they have a pretty damn good running game and the QB was good enough to not fumble the snap.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
And that's crap. If a QB hands the ball of 12 times in a row and they score a TD does that mean the QB is "successful"? IMO it means they have a pretty damn good running game and the QB was good enough to not fumble the snap.
Take it up with Parcells. I am just telling you what he said.
-Ed-
"BicketyBam wrote:
Take it up with Parcells. I am just telling you what he said.
lol... Coaches say a lot of things in order to defend themselves. Did you just throw that quote out there because you thought it was neat or did you quote him because you believe that statement? ;)
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw