1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets likely to pursue 'Big Game' Holt

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Dolfan4Life, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/03/jets-should-go-hard-after-holt.html

:pity:

Styla likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i would love to have torry.......and i would loathe if the jets got him :pity:

then maybe we'd get a corner?!?!?!?!?

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I could see the Jets winning eleven games this year. They still need a QB but I think they'll eventually get one off the streets - Byron Leftwich? - or play it out with Kellen Clemens, who looked decent the last time we saw him play IIRC.

BleedinGreenNC and BwanaZulia like this.
  4. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    New Coaching staff and no QB.

Are you basing 11 wins on the possibility that they bring in Holt?

IMO it's a little early to be predicting anything for the Jets right now.

Pagan, padre31 and calphin like this.
  5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    No. I'm basing it off of the acquisitions they made and the team that I think they will field. They're a good team and will have a good defense. I think they can get a QB to manage the game.

124 likes this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The Qb question is dogging the Jets, it would be similar to Miami going into the season with Beck starting.

This will be a hard year in the AFC East, the schedule is much tougher and a inexperienced Qb will have to perform early or it will be a long year for them.

7. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    They will sign Testaverde as soon as the league okays his walker:shifty:

8. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    From your mouth to God's ears.

BZ

9. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I agree with you that the possibility is there because the Jets did win 9 games last year (after only 4 the year before) and quite honestly without Favre falling apart at the end of the year they probably would have won 11-12 games last year.

However as any Dolphins fan should know without a good QB none of that matters. Now maybe they get another Ryan or Flacco in the draft or a FA does come up big for them but I won't be sold on them until I find out who will be there QB and see how that QB plays for about a month of the season. This Jets team is a huge boom or bust this year but no doubt they can be very good.

The next part of the equation will be Ryan because I wonder if he just knows defense and nothing about offense (even picking a good O-Coordinator). For me he seems one dimensional and besides the QB he will be the second reason the Jets are a huge boom or bust team.

Can they be an 11 win team and make the playoffs? Absolutely. Could it all fall apart and they only win 6 games? Absolutely. Once again the 2009 Jets are going to be either boom or bust I think. They have all the parts except a QB and a proven coach, if that works out for them its going to be a 3 maybe even 4 (Bills) team race for the AFC East and I expect to see 2 AFC East teams make the playoffs this year (right now I say the Pats and the Fins).

10. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    You're a smart man, Mr.Macintosh.

However, if the Jets land Tory Holt and I'm Mike Tannenbaum....

I'm in Mississippi in 24 hours.

11. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Even so, its more of a reason to invest in a CB and a speedy OLB. Our division is going to be pass-happy this year and we need to get the tools to shutting them down.

12. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    If its true that the Jets have zero interest in Holt it must mean that they are confident in the abilities of our two young guys (Chansi Stuckey and David Clowney) to come in and help Cotchery and Keller in the passing game. They'll also end up taking a WR at 17 or 52. Either way the Jets are going to be a running team much like the Ravens with a very good 1-2 punch and strong run blocking Offensive Line. The QB, whoever it is (probably Kellen Clemens) will be in the game manager role, throwing 15-22 passes a game.

Very 2004 Steelers and 2008 Ravens type team.

13. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Hmmm.....Moss, TO, Holt all in the AFCE.

Yeah, we need a corner, or we need to hire Tonya Harding to even things up a bit with an iron pipe.

BleedinGreenNC, calphin and 124 like this.