1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets plan for ex Phin Feeley to be a difference maker

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by padre31, Aug 5, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

Hmmm...Feeley was money when he was down here, but I also believe that a team should never approach a season with the mindset that the kicker will win most of the games for them.

Every team I've seen saying that going into the season generally did not have a successful season, we went through that with Olindo Mare and the same Jay Feeley...

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Padre I saw the title of "Feeley" and saw you calling him money and thought you were talking about QB AJ Feeley ... was going to ask what you were smoking. :D

I agree Jay Feeley can be a good kicker ... but he's just that ... a kicker. Outside of Adam Vinatieri, there hasn't been a kicker teams can really depend on to win games ... there's 11 guys on offense and defense that have to make a difference too. If I were the Jets I'd be much more focused on Sanchez and the rest of the offense, personally.

padre31 likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, I think we all have seen many more Vanderjacht's than Vinatieri's and for a team to talk about the kicker being the key to winning heading into the season is a bad sign for the Jets offense.

We were saying the same things heading into 07 "oh our defense will be great and we lost 7 games by 3 points or less so Feely will make the difference, Trent Green won't have to do much"

4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    good, maybe he will forment some discord in their locker room now... bring your camera Jay.. we need some more sanchez shivers

late again, opfinistic and padre31 like this.
  5. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Didn't they just draft a ball kicking fellow by the name of Nugent a few short years ago? First pick they had? Hmmmmm........