1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets reaching out for Tuna help

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jt0323, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I hope he hangs up on Ryan!

RickyNeverInhaled and DolfanTom like this.
  2. NickyNapoleon

NickyNapoleon Active Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I dont!!!

I hope he screams at the top of his lungs SWEEP then hangs up the phone.... :yes:

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Wait, wait a minute.
    He is asking other people how he should do his job :lol:
    The worst part is this fat blow-hard is gonna get fired from the Jests.

4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Wow, now you know Rex Ryan is desperate. When you're calling the VP of football operations for a RIVAL, IN DIVISION team, that is a sign that his goose is cooked.

It's one thing to ask for help, it's another thing to crawl on your hands and knees to the people that just schooled you. Embarassing for the Jets

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I love how that team is just tearing at the seams after all that garbage they talked. Parcells don't play that.

Frumundah Finnatic and Miguel like this.
  6. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Didn't Rex Ryan say after he lost to us a 2nd time that he would rather be in the Jets locker room because they had a better record?

Hows that working out for you Rexy? Looks like we have the same record now and we haven't lost 4 out of our last 5 games. I think I would rather be in this locker room :P

7. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I believe Rex Ryan has lost his damn mind.

8. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Why is he looking foe our help? Rex Ryan said that they played harder then us. But we beat them both times

sking29 likes this.
  9. NickyNapoleon

NickyNapoleon Active Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Im pretty sure he said they were the better team.... and lost both times... When that happens it means that the coach BLOWS!!! At times like these I remember the phrase "Shula could take his and beat yours, then take yours and beat his"

Kanye West likes this.
  10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Wait a minute. Why would he need help from the Head of an inferior organization? I mean, he did allow us to beat him twice didn't he? Why can't he just turn on the genius and win out the rest of the season like he knows he can?

Miguel likes this.
  11. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Bum Philips on Don Shula; "He can take His'n and beat You'rn then take You'rn and beat His'n..."

12. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Honestly, I hope Parcells shows his human side and gives him some advice. Much like we saw with the story with the homeless man in FL.

I mean they honestly aren't going to be talking gameplanning or team weaknesses. He will be seeking career advice from a person who has been through everything. Taken nothing franchises from have-nots to Super Bowl champions. He is probably seeking advice on how to deal with the media, player relationships, and management. Maybe Bill can give him some advice to shut his mouth.
    Ryan may be a brash douchebag right now, but he is smart enough to know when to ask advice. Adknowleding when you are beat is a smart move.

But I still hope he rubs the sweep in his face before Ryan gets anything else. :)

13. Delfin Alejandro

Delfin Alejandro Premier League Champs

Dec 12, 2008
    2 Things here:

1) Did anyone catch the Jets trying to use the wildcat on Sunday??? My eyes where probably playing tricks on me, the Jets would not use a Gimmick play!?!?!?!

2) Maybe Rex is calling calling to say, "Hi Bill, we are the better team but could you spare sometime and tell me how to do my job?"

Like a dog with its tail between its legs.... I think the Jets owner Guarantee means if they don't make it he has no job!!!!

14. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Funny, I thought Fatty pants had all the answers.

15. Texphinphan

Texphinphan Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Bum Phillips = class
    Rex (and daddy) Ryan = not so much

cdz12250, Ophinerated and mroz like this.
  16. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rookie Head Coaches have it rough most seasons, last year was a deviation from the mean of suckatude.

The reality is much more Jim Zorn than Tony Sparano.

As for Ryan, first thing first, shut the hell up, second thing is find more playmaking OLB's and DE's and those guys don't grow on trees.

17. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    If his players see this he's done they will loose all confidence in him as coach. So your having a tougher year than you thought suck it up figure out the issues and stay on your path...

If I was a player and I heard this crap I would be like I can't trust what hes saying he doesn't even trust what hes saying.

18. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I really don't know what to say about this... This guy has really lost what little bit of a mind he had. Oh well, maybe we can hire him as our defensive coordinator after he gets fired by the Jets. :up:

19. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    maybe he needs tips on how to be a loser? :lol:

20. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Maybe Tuna can tell him the best thing to do is send Braylon Edwards our way for a sixth round pick?

21. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    It appears Tuna did the same thing his rookie year (Called Tom Landry!). Probably will just be simple things like how to cope with all the ups/downs as a head coach.

22. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    in all honesty I think Tuna would take the call. It's an exclusive club and you never know what might help / hurt your career down the line. Not that Tuna is concerned but others might be affected.

It's like QB's how many QB's come out and Say I hate this other QB?? Never happens or im not aware of it.

23. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I just cannot believe an NFL head coach would play a sympathy card because he's a loser. But IMO, that's what he's doing, hoping it'll take away all the trash he talks.
    If he can't stand the heat----get out of the fire!

padre31 likes this.
  24. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    DESPERATE:yes:

fin13 likes this.
  25. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You make me laugh DDebby, between the Jets and the Patriots, you have no sympathy at all for our opponents...:lol:

"Tuna, Rex Ryan is on the phone"

"Tell him I cannot talk with him, dolphindebby won't let me"

:lol:

dolphindebby likes this.
  26. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    conflict of interest to aid & abet the enemy
    some good advice: maintain your dignity

27. I am stunned... I anticipate some public comments made by the owner addressing this. He must be just appalled.

28. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    You guys wanna know why Ryan is talking all of that smack? It's to take the heat off of his rookie QB, which is one of the smartest things he can do as a head coach. I think he probably likes it too much, but that is indeed what he is doing. It was relayed to Pat Kirwan by the man himself. Ryan would rather take the heat than his own players. I do not knock him for it. I do, however, think he is relaying a bad message to his players if he has not let them in on the secret.

As far as Ryan's ability goes, the guy is one helluva D-coordinator. He knows how to work a defense, of course, with the help of Ozzie Newsome's drafts.

I'm not defending the guy (although, it seems like it), I just do not think he is as disastrous as some might think. Head coaching is a tough gig and different people have different ways of doing things. We're an in-house team, which I like. But I know why Ryan is doing the things he is doing and I kind of like that too, because he really is doing it for his young QB (even if it seems he is not). He is deflecting the hellacious NY media.

I do not see anything wrong with him relaying it to the media. At least he is transparent with the media and fans. If I were a Jet fan (please shoot me), I would know what the heck is going on because Ryan is gonna tell you. We, on the other hand, still really do not know what's going on with Porter (SOMEONE TELL ME!!!).

29. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I thought we were the inferior team?

jetssuck likes this.
  30. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Excuse the language, but...

**** Rex Ryan. You fat *****.

Sore losers get no respect.

31. F.O

F.O New Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Actually they've lost 5 out of their last 6.

32. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I can hear him now.
    Um Bill i know i smack talked but if i get fired can you give me a job on def.
    :cry:

33. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Blitzing. Trashtalking. Revis. Blitzing. Trashtalking. All there is to it... D'oh!

34. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I could see Parcel's leaving after this year. He wants a challenge he helped Miami get back on their feet which was a big task. He might leave for the Jets and help them out or he might try another bottom dwelling team.