1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets Safety Jamal Adams Breaks down plays - Dolphins included

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    A few Dolphins plays show up in Jamal's breakdown. Maybe he's talking himself up, but as he tells it, he could read the plays. No idea if Adams is a quality young player, but some interesting looks at last year's Dolphins offense from someone who had to play against it.

The videos's aren't working as embedded so, here's the link to watch on Youtube:

And if you only want the Dolphins looks, then here are the time stamps:

1:16-1:41 - Mentions Jakeem Grant, Drake / reading the players/formation.
    1:41-1:59 - Against Tunsil
    3:47-4:57 - Against Gesicki
    9:10-9:45 - His play in cover 2.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Not a surprise..Gesicki is imo the worst blocking tight end I’ve ever seen, no joke, and any reference to him being a “tight end” in title is completely bogus, he was a big wide receiver in college and that’s all he’s gonna be in the pros imo, he is not balanced or coordinated enough to do the things in line, so either flex him, or put him in motion to get free releases, any blocking assignment he does, a monkey could do them, however if you do dare, he jeopardizes health and integrity of the play.

3. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I haven’t seen any serious film breakdown of Gesicki’s blocking, but he seems to end up on the ground a lot. My gut feeling is that it’s a footwork problem, which should be able to be remedied with decent coaching. If you don’t fall over you are at the very least forcing the other go to go around you.

4. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I think the general hope for him would be that he blocks well enough to not be a liability or a tell that we are passing.

I dont see that as out of the question at his size but he needs to put work in.

5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I’ve watched all the individual reps, Yeah this dude has more problems than just footwork as been said ad nauseum..said coming out of college, it’s a hopeless situation, and last year didn’t prove anything but..

Calling him anything more than a big wide receiver is silly.

6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Imo I don’t ever see him becoming coordinated enough to not be a liability and if we have smart coaches they will not put him on the line because it is a tell.

AGuyNamedAlex likes this.
  7. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    I think if its a technical problem good coaching will be able to at least get him to slightly below average.

If it's a problem with his mentality that can't be fixed by anyone but himself.

Mcduffie81 likes this.
  8. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Dolphins clips

Videos aren't working as embedded so, here's the link to watch on Youtube:

And if you only want the Dolphins looks, then here are the time stamps:

1:16-1:41 - Mentions Jakeem Grant, Drake / reading the players/formation.
    1:41-1:59 - Against Tunsil
    3:47-4:57 - Against Gesicki
    9:10-9:45 - His play in cover 2.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It’s technical, it’s physical, it’s mental..it’s his coordination and balance that is completely off..

The chances of him becoming adequate and not a liability are slim to none..I would bet my house on none..

Is what it is, he’s ours and we want him to be successful so let’s root for his receiving skills to improve.. learn how to scheme him open..

As we can see from Adams reaction in the clip the rest of the NFL knows he is a liability, I’m hoping that Gesicki was one of Gases personal personnel decisions and not Grier..

10. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    I'll be honest and say that I never believe a player willing to work can't become at least slightly below average.

The coordination is definitely something that can be fixed and he will never be a guy you want against an elite pass rusher or defender, but the ability to get in front of a guy once in a while shouldn't hmbe out of the question.

FWIW he may suck at it forever like you say but I at least hope he puts some work in.

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    And in 99 percent of the cases I would agree with you..

I think with the acquisition of Dwayne Allen, Smythe, O’Leary, and our new fullback Cox being cross trained with the tight ends, this staff isn’t a moronic one that will have this dude expose himself and the integrity of the play call.

The NFL knows what a liability he is.. if we put him in situations like that, they will immediately attack like sharks to blood..

12. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    I could definitely see him being used as a large WR, I'm just kind of saying if they do want to peg him at TE he will have to improve some or not make it.

Agreed he's not ready to be thrown out there though in those scenarios though.