1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jim Harbaugh cost people $75 Million

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jt0323, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-decline-safety-had-huge-impact-betting-world

First, anyone who took 49ers -9 in a division game, against the Seahawks, who just beat the patriots, on a thursday night game is an idiot.

2nd, It was the right call to make. You get it on downs, game is over. Those two points do you no good. It is not worth giving Seattle another shot to win the game. Anything could have happened.

pennphinfan and ToddPhin like this.
  2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I took Seattle so I'm not upset. However, there was little time left in the game for Seattle to score twice. What if Smith had fumbled on a kneel down?

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Those same fans should be more pissed at Smith failing to see a wide open Moss for the TD that would have covered over a logical and smart football decision by the head coach that says, I will take the ball with the lead and kneel to win it, then take the 2 pts, and worry about an onside kick attempt and having to potentially play D for a few more snaps and risk injury, etc, regardless if the lead would have ballooned to 9pts.

Smith failed those that bet on SF by tossing a bonehead INT from the 3 yard line basically. No issues with Harbaugh turning down the Safety and simply guaranteeing possession via turnover on downs, setting up a kneel down to run out the clock with a 7 pt lead already.

ToddPhin and Jt0323 like this.
  4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Perhaps the next game shouldn't even be played. The betting world should just award the win to those who put money on San Fran and be done with it. :unsure:

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    This just in: Jim Harbaugh probably doesn't even know the line going into a game and certainly doesn't give one flying **** about covering it. How much money did he MAKE people who didn't take that bet? It doesn't matter.

ToddPhin and Laces Out like this.
  6. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    That explains the 400 pt drop on the Dow Jones today.

7. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    and this is why I don't bet on sports. Makes you hate a game that was perfectly watchable (although a bit dull at times)