1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Flacco News

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    04/24/08 - Matt Ryan of Boston College is considered the only surefire first-rounder among the quarterback pool, but Flacco is just as much in play to join Ryan as QBs Chad Henne (Michigan) and Brian Brohm (Louisville), both from big-time programs. "I want ... to be a first-round draft pick, and I think I'm worth it," Flacco said in a phone interview this week. "So to hear someone say it is kind of cool." That Flacco is even in the conversation might seem remarkable. Entering last fall at Delaware, Flacco was generally considered a sixth-round prospect. But that was before he led the Blue Hens to an 11-4 record and a spot in the Division 1 Football Championship Series (formerly Division I-AA) title game. As Delaware progressed through the playoffs behind Flacco's strong right arm, his stock rose considerably. Flacco has had private workouts or visited with eight teams since the combine, indicating a high level of interest: the Jets, Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, Chiefs, Vikings, Seahawks and Rams. Joe Linta, Flacco's Connecticut-based agent, said the Bears and Dolphins are also interested. - Jenny Vrentas, The Star-Ledger
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=9300

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Wow, lucky guy after having a good year thats for sure. From a 6th round prospect to late 1st, early second in one season??? hmmm.. What an arm this kid has though... wow