1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Philbin and Catapult Sports Player Tracking Technology

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KB21, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Going forward, it would be interesting to see the differing philosophies from these analyses and data. I am sure Catapult Sports initially trains the staff in dissecting and analyzing the data, but how the staff uses it is almost entirely subjective I would think. How do you like your pancakes?

I like that Philbin (as the OP noted) sees this data as potentially advantageous.

For coaches and players alike, having objective data from these analyses can greatly assist in many aspects of how a player/team practices and performs. While, I like it, I could see an obsession with data that might clutter sound coaching philosophies.

Drive, determination, heart, are immeasurable. I think a coaching program that uses this system in tandem with a Sports Psychologist and sound coaching philosophies could be successful.

I do, however, find it discouraging when a website bullets "Track players in practice and games for the complete picture of you team."

Puka-head likes this.
  2. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I really like the analytical side of our coach just wish there was someone to light the fire once hes done engineering. Nothing wrong with building a rocketship...but somebody has to drive it.

3. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Give him better players, and you will see the driver.