1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey Porter discusses upgraded pass rush for this season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Jun 4, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sort of a puff piece where everything goes alright but it is interesting:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-143/Porter-pumped-about-Miami-s-pass-rush.html

Porter is right though, if Wake and JT are as advertised, and Starks and Dotson can show up, as well as Roth, we could have a really good pass rush this year.

Can't double team everyone, but how to get those three on the field at one time is the challenge, the way I could see that happening is JP or JT moving inside to ILB or they can alternate playing DE.

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Taylor, Porter & Wake on the PassRush
    when they are all three on the field @ the same time, who u gonna block?
    it would be a Triad of Terror:up:

3. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Im loving this,cant wait till the season starts.

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I've watched a couple of the games from last season and I've got admit, Joey Porter was amazing, adding other threats to JP will produce some results.

JP is what 32 or so? IMO he deserves a bit more credit for being a top pass rushing OLB.

5. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    he's right, we will likely have the tools ... it will come down to individual match-ups and opposing schemes that determine 'who' will have success each week. the key is you have to have more than 1 threat, which can be easily nulified with a good scheme ... and it at least looks like we will have that this year.

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

He is right, if JT and Wake play anywhere near their past production, teams are going to have a really hard time against our pass rush. And Roth should improve in his second year at the position. He is 10 pounds lighter, much stronger, and has 17 games under his belt at the position. I imagine his sack production will increase this season as well.

Our pass rush should be very exciting to watch this season.

7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I like the cut of your jib. :up:

Am I the only one who gets a huge kick out of the 23rd's nicknames?

the 23rd likes this.
  8. Yetanotherfan

Yetanotherfan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Yeah he is 32. Birth date March 22, 1977

9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    kudos! Friend PHINANSLYST
    the word we're looking for is coaching. it will come down to coaching.:yes:

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We "need" one more pass rusher, preferably a downlineman that way any part of the offensive line can be pressured by 2 guys, like bookends that makes for a nightmare for the Guards to decide where to go with double team on either side.

AquaBlitz likes this.
  11. AquaBlitz

AquaBlitz Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This pass rush is going to be lethal. I think Jason still has something left in the tank and has been re-energized coming back to Miami. Wake is going to show flashes here and there and will be a key contributor in 2010, and then we have the leader of our defense Joey Porter. You just have to say his name and you already know what he's about!

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO the pass rush tools this team has gives us the potential to be special. And by special I mean have a NY Giants type SB season. That team had a lot of holes but their pass rush was so dominating (at the end of the season) that it propelled them to a World Championship.

I see that kind of potential in this year's Dolphins. Obviously, a lot has to go right for them to win it all but the pieces seem to be there for a dominating pass rush. I'm not prone to making predictions and I'm not making any SB prediction here, but I can say I wouldn't be surprised if this team ends up top 5 in sacks. And when a team puts that much pressure on the opposing team's QB anything can happen.