1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey Porter tied for 2nd in the league with sacks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Sep 21, 2008.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I was curious and thought some of you would like to know where he stands in this. Its early I know this.

John Abraham ATL 6
    Joey Porter MIA 4
    Fred Robins NYG 4
    Greg White TB 3.5

dolfan32323 likes this.
  2. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    john abraham has also played vs. 2 cupcake teams

3. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    now maybe people will quit complaining about him and his contract. Four sacks in 3 games is very good IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    JP had a game like JT used to have against the Pats, he looked good out there today.

BTW, I think JP has forced two fumbles so far this season.

5. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    TheAnswer385 likes this.
  6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    He has to keep this going through the entire season before he justifies the value of his contract IMO.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    This is his highest tackle total through three games in about four or five years I believe. He's having a good season thus far.

8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think one of the problems for JP has been he hasn't been asked to play his game. Last season it seems like he either lined up with his hand on the ground and bull rushed the tackle or dropped into pass coverage. His fire has been there, but he can't sack the QB if you don't use him properly.

9. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    one of his sacks game when he was lined up with his hand on the ground

the problem with JP is that he worries wayy to much about what to say rather than the game in front of him.

If you can get him focused and make him sorta happy with his role (which almost automatically is the vocal leader), then he's a dangerous player. He also seems like one of those guys that needs to get into the groove early, otherwise he just disappears

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yes I know, but he went outside the defender this time. Don't know whether that was just a change in philosophy on his part or coaching wise. Either way though what that makes him is an undersized DE and takes away the confusing a blitzing LB brings. It's not bad to do every once in a while, but last year it seemed 6 out of 10 plays he had a hand on the ground.

11. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    joey made me proud today

12. dphins

dphins New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I was against it the day we signed him and I'm still ashamed that this classless player is on our team, and two guys in Zach and JT who were great role models and class players are no longer here

13. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    What makes him classless? He likes to talk smack but I wouldn't say he is a dirty player or classless.

14. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    JT isn't a great role model. He quit on this team because he didn't want to be here anymore. He dishonored the contract that he signed and forced his way out.

JP on the other hand might have a loud mouth but has never complained about the direction the team is headed. He goes out and plays every week for this team regardless of our record.

Pretty much JT quit on us, ZT will be missed, and JP is a Dolphin and a good leader at that.

15. dphins

dphins New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Did you ever see Barry Sanders Yelling at the opposition before the game. Insulting the other team before the game has started goes beyond smack talk and even smack talk during the game can go to far if it's constant. It is classless and Joey has always been that way. Shannon Sharp, Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow Jr are others that I consider classless. Let your play do the talking. My Karate instructer has a saying "same face same face" Basically saying wether you win or lose carry yourself the same way. Don't rub it in when you win and hold your head up when you lose. Humility is the key to having class. Joey shows no humility.

16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    The only time he has ever gotten in someones face in warm ups before the game is when an opponent comes into their practice/pregame area. Being vocal doesn't make you classless. I WANT him to believe that we are going to win a game before it starts, honestly I never got that feeling with JT. There were a lot of times I felt like he packed it in before a game even started (especially last season) and he never had any fire before games.

Porter just keeps his head high same way after a win and a loss. Nothing wrong with that. It isn't like he takes cheap shots on the field. THAT would be classless.

Brown42000 likes this.
  17. dphins

dphins New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Jason Taylor wanted to leave and that isn't being classless infact even though he wanted to leave he was preparing to show up for training camp before he knew he was traded. So he was never going to dishonor his contract. Secondly he handled it the right way behind closed doors and even after he left he said he believed Parcells and Sparano would turn this arround

18. dphins

dphins New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    You can feel however you want to about it, I think cheap and classless are two different things. To you people who don't think it's classless how many of you would like to see your young child do it before a pop warner game.

19. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    joey is not classless...having a big mouth doesn't mean your classless. dude seems like a pretty good teammate...i love his trash talk anyway

20. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Joey only gets in the opponents face when they go on his side of the field. He doesn't go looking for trouble and he is a vocal leader. He is the guy pumping up the defense before a game and it is hard to come by a player who talks zero trash during a game now.

21. dphins

dphins New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    You guys are seeing through rose color glasses Joey is the one who normally starts the confrontation before the game by yelling at the opposing team while there trying to warm up and personally I don't think it does any good, if anything it just helps the other team

22. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    the same barry sanders who quit on his team?

Phins28 likes this.