1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey Thomas

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by wpgfishfan, Nov 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    After a terrible, terrible start he came back and did OK not good but OK

He seems very physical, probably to physical but I suspect the coaches wanted to see him play with the bullets flying and used the hand injury as an excuse to bench Jason Allen

Will he be active next week

2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    after those first few penalties, I wanted his head. But he did a good job in redeeming himself and wound up playing a decent game.

I didn't even know there was a problem with Jason Allen until the game thread popped up, so I'm not sure of his status for next week.

3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, right...Sparano said, Let's see, we want to see how this Thomas kid does, so lets pretend that Allen's hand injury is enough to keep him out of the game this week, just so we can see...

Give me a break...the guy couldn't play..he was injured...no end to irrational thoughts from fans...

Agua and late again like this.
  4. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba

your right i've never seen a defensive player play with a broken hand or play with a cast :up:

5. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    It's tough to tackle with a cast on your hand. I would imagine that J Allen is indeed hurt, but who knows, stranger things have happened. Even though he's been a disappointment so far, it's good to have a big CB/swing Safety (if need be) on the roster.

6. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    One thing that impressed me about him in training camp is that he looked like a receiver when he intercepted a pas on the sidelines .Good hands .

7. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba

Look at what I found

Dolphins In Depth

Basically, according to sources, the Dolphins explained to the league that Allen being inactive for the game was as much a coaching decision as an injury situation. He could have played, but coaches decided not to use him.

anlgp likes this.
  8. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Might be nothing. J Allen is not listed on the injury report at all today and so is expected to play.

INJURY UPDATE: Veteran left guard Justin Smiley is the only player listed on the Dolphins' injury report with an ankle injury and he was officially put on injured reserve. The rest of the report was clean.

In addition to Edwards, defensive end Chris Ellis (ankle), cornerback Jabari Greer (knee), defensive end Chris Kelsay (personal-not injury related) and tight end Robert Royal (hamstring) did not practice for Buffalo. Defensive end Copeland Bryan (foot) and linebacker Teddy Lehman (hamstring) were limited in practice and defensive end Aaron Schobel (foot) and safety Donte Whitner (shoulder) participated in a full practice.

9. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    The person who responded to my post questioned and suggested I was an irrational fan for my original post and now it appears I was not so irrrational

Jason Allen may be our 5th best defensive back but I still think he is not back next year because he is simply not good enough

10. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Personally, I don't think you are being irrational. I think it's a difference in opinion that you have with someone else. You don't like Allen...fair enough. That's just your call.

IMO Allen had a broken hand and should have listed him as doubtful. Instead he was listed as probable even if he couldn't play because the FO wanted a relatively clean report while Allen did practiced wed, thurs and fri. Why? perhaps Sparano didn't want the Rams to have extra time to game plan to target Joey Thomas (i'm speculating). I don't think it's a slight towards Allen. I think Allen has held his own so far.

11. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    After seeing Joey play we need Allen back

I am not an Allen fan but Thomas needs to learn to keep his hands off opposing players