John Beck.. I think your in trouble...
172 replies
He took his eye off the ball as before he received the snap. I think he was peeking down field to check receivers and coverage before he had the ball securely. He was anxious, not a reflection of his future success in this league.
"Dominizzo wrote:
Beck is not a Parcells QB...................... he should be done
what is a Parcells QB?
QB is the most important position we need to fill, is it beck or a high draft pick, you can have a vet come in, but they are not the future, so if you are going to blow it up and be good for ten years, it is either beck or a high draft choice or both
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
"Dominizzo wrote:
Beck is not a Parcells QB...................... he should be done
Not sure why you say that. He is not a thug, not a problem child, not a headache, not a criminal, just what Parcells said he wanted.
parcells likes tough smart guys who manage and win games,
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
"cnc66 wrote:
why do you make stuff up.. prove it Dom.. show me anywhere that he said that..
thank you for typing what we were all thinking. :ffic:
seriously Dom give some type of support to backup your statement.

Beck is a football junkie. He lives for every nuance of the game. He is a high character guy, a bright guy and he can play. I'd say he is a Parcells type of guy. What does he have to do? Grow a beard to look tougher? Then will he be a Parcells type of guy? This is utter foolishness. No matter what, I think Parcells will bring in a veteran QB and spend a 2nd day pick on one. It will be open competition in camp and don't be shocked if Trent Green is in the mix. If Quinn threw for 2 TDs and ran for another there are people on this site that would be all over his jock saying that Cam blew the pick. Beck to Ginn was pretty cool today. I could get used to it. The D really sucked today. No excuse to play that bad. The first pick will be defense imo. It's badly needed. Nose tackle and shutdown corner are gapeing needs.
"Bonedoc7777 wrote:
QB is the most important position we need to fill, is it beck or a high draft pick, you can have a vet come in, but they are not the future, so if you are going to blow it up and be good for ten years, it is either beck or a high draft choice or both
I totally agree. Very few teams are able to contend for the playoffs without a solid QB. If we are going to turn things we have to make sure we have a decent QB. I would be willing to trade down with the Atlanta Falcons and try to draft Ryan or Brohm...just as long as they throw in some extra picks or players. Lets hoodwink Blank. :lol:
a trade down with the ablility to get more picks another QB is a great choice, we have a chance this year for the first time to take a franchise QB who can play for a long time, that is if Ryan or Brohm are those type of QB'S, what i have seen and read says yes, we will see what the tuna thinks
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
"Bonedoc7777 wrote:
a trade down with the ablility to get more picks another QB is a great choice, we have a chance this year for the first time to take a franchise QB who can play for a long time, that is if Ryan or Brohm are those type of QB'S, what i have seen and read says yes, we will see what the tuna thinks
Yea lets take Ryan or Brohm since they are certified franchise QB's. Kinda like Russell is with the Raiders. He is having another spectacular game.
Taking a QB is a crap shoot and the Fins dont need to be gambling away the first pick when their Defense is this bad.
"Bonedoc7777 wrote:
beck is the same height as simms, montana, brees and taller then young so we have to see
Phil Simms
Height: 6-3 Weight: 216 Age: 53
Born: 11/3/1954 Lebanon , KY
College: Morehead State
Experience: 14 Seasons steve young is listed at 6-2 - 215 ...but becks measurments got to be wrong because anyone can see that he looks a lot smaller than young or simms
Only person who thinks Beck has a chance is Parcells and i dont think even he knows that just yet. Lets see.

beck is 6-2 218, he is that tall i stood next to him at camp, so simms, young and montana are about his size, so the thing that matters is between his ears
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
You have to expect some rookie mistakes with rookies, period. What matters is how rookies rebound from rookie mistakes. He rebounded nicely and had two nice TD drives. Honestly, I'd rather have Beck than Pennington for what it's worth. ** AND Quinn, for that matter.
"In_Flames wrote:
thank you for typing what we were all thinking. :ffic:
seriously Dom give some type of support to backup your statement.
He can't give any support because there isn't anything to support it. It's just Dom bring Dom.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Not a good opening statement for John Beck this year. Yeah hes a rookie on a crappy team but in his few starts hes got the Major Fumbles dont he...
Understatement...
Official Trade down and take best OT Supporter (second rd choice best QB)
"mmikel30 wrote:
Phil Simms
Height: 6-3 Weight: 216 Age: 53
Born: 11/3/1954 Lebanon , KY
College: Morehead State
Experience: 14 Seasons steve young is listed at 6-2 - 215 ...but becks measurments got to be wrong because anyone can see that he looks a lot smaller than young or simms
Beck's height as measured at the combine was 6021, which translates as 6 feet, 2 and one eighth inches.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
so they are about the same height, does he have a good head and is he tough, if so maybe we are good
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
Some of you posters are so blind in your dislike for Beck. You've already decided he's going to be a bust and that Parcells isn't going to want him.
The guy has a grand total of 4 starts, period. But some of you can already make an informed determination. Too funny.
FYI, Beck completed 61.9 % today. NO Ints; 1 TD pass; 1 TD run for a QB rating of 96.3.
Oh and he's the same size as Phil Simms when Simms played for Parcells on a NYG super bowl winner.
It seems to me that for some, it really isn't going to matter how well Beck may do because he's not the guy YOU think we should have.
This is a good discussion about one of the most serious issues the Dolphins have faced since Dan Marino retired. There are lots of different concerns about the state of the Dolphins and their many needs. Now that the season is officially over and all we have to look forward to is the next draft and what Bill Parcells is able to do to right the ship.
I like John Beck and he certainly has abilities, he has just struggled adjusting to the Pros. Sure he has made mistakes, but most rookies do. Some improve and find their game and some don't. Brees is a perfect example. For two years he played poorly and made mistakes but he found his game and has become one of the best QBs in the league. Why does the question keep coming up about him being too small? Some of the best QBs playing are his height such as Brett Favre is 6'2", Drew Brees is only 6 foot, Donovan McNabb is 6'2", Kurt Warner is 6'2", the QB everybody is talking about in Jacksonville David Garrard is 6'2". So is Beck too short?
On the other hand how often does an NFL team have the first pick in the NFL Draft and the chance to draft the best and the most wanted player available? Whomever the Dolphins pick at number one could be a indicator for the future of the Dolphins and their return to respectability. You better bet that Bill Parcells knows what this pick means for the Dolphins and his effort to turn things around.
"mmikel30 wrote:
Phil Simms
Height: 6-3 Weight: 216 Age: 53
Born: 11/3/1954 Lebanon , KY
College: Morehead State
Experience: 14 Seasons steve young is listed at 6-2 - 215 ...but becks measurments got to be wrong because anyone can see that he looks a lot smaller than young or simms
Got any pics of Beck standing next to Young or Simms? :001_rolleyes:
Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...
...get happy.
-Cam Wake
Tony Romo | #9 | QB
Dallas Cowboys | Official Team Site
Height: 6-2 Weight: 224
John Beck | #9 | QB
Miami Dolphins | Official Team Site
Height: 6-2 Weight: 216
Im sure that eight pounds is a huge factor to parcells and remeber romo was 26 last year so
"Colorado Dolfan wrote:
Got any pics of Beck standing next to Young or Simms? :001_rolleyes:
HAHA. I was doing the same research as you at the same time! Growing up in NY I saw alot of Simms as a kid and that is who Beck reminded me of when I finally saw him out there (not saying he is in Simms league). I think they rounded up on Simms. Check out his rookie measurements...nearly identical to Simms'
"Bonedoc7777 wrote:
pennington makes the most sense, THE BIG HOPE IS BECK CAN PLAY,
Ya got that right, so's we can keep penny out of S Florida!
I guess these whippersnappers don't remember a 5'11" qb that was pretty decent in the mid to late 70's for the LA Rams. Not a strong arm but played pretty much mistake free football. He came in as a rookie for them in the 5th game after Jaworski and James Harris were injured.
Not the best arm, but a good qb-Pat Haden. So why all the squawk about height?