1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Clayton on Garrard: 'He's definitely going to make the team'

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    In this video segment, ESPN's John Clayton comments on Tannehill being named starter and David Garrard's future with the Dolphins:

VIDEO

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Not that I think it's a forgone conclusion that Garrard will be gone or anything, but I'm not taking Clayton's opinion as any more likely as anyone else's.

3. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I agree.

I figured it would give us something to talk about, seeing that there was a post somewhere on here implying Garrard is a goner as a cap casualty.

I honestly think it would behoove the Dolphins to keep Garrard, and (as much as I hate saying this) try to get value for Moore (if that is even an option). BUT, the Dolphins would be in big poop if Tannehill goes down, THEN Garrard goes down.

Tough situation (in a good way) for the team and the players involved.

xphinfanx likes this.
  4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Theoretically he is right but he is not considering his contract or injury situation.Gerrard gets paid his full salary if he is on the opnening day roster I believe.And we dont know the extent or recovery time of his injuries.

5. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I think I also read/heard that he MAY have a longer recovery time than originally proposed? Heard anything about that?

6. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    If so then we shouldnt be surprise if he is released and another QB brought in.

7. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Armando said something to the effect that "Garrad wasn't exactly ahead of schedule in his recovery" which lead people to believe he is behind. In reality its Armando being Armando and blowing smoke where there isn't a fire. On Hardknocks Garrad says his recovery is going fine and he plans to be back within the original 2 to 4 weeks.

8. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Watching Hard Knocks tonight, I got a chance to check out Garrard doing some of his PT.

From incision placement and the recovery time (via reports), I am pretty confident Garrard had an arthroscopic meniscectomy.

This is common, especially among athletes. Hope he has a routine recovery.

CK pointed out on another post that Garrard counts roughly 2 million against the cap if he is on the roster. Matt Moore around 3 million. This is an interesting thing to note. If Garrard merely had a meniscal tear, it may not be a good thing for Matt.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I really don't see the need for Garrard on this team..unless someone offers up a third round pick for Moore.

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Hmmmmm. Armando tosses out an off handed comment like that and then Jason Cole adds our name to a list of possible teams interested in Jackson.

Sigh. Those two play this same stupid ****ing game all the time with us. They did it with Fisher, Cowher, Manning & Flynn this year alone. I loathe them both. Anyone else think Jason Cole looks like Grimace melting?

11. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

Hypnotoad concurs...

dolfan32323 likes this.