1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Martin to Left Guard?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, May 1, 2012.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    this quote is funny..

"The orginal post is right up there in stupidity (no offense) as the article about this draft pick meaning the end of jake long in miami so I can see where you'd have trouble trying to defend it as you basically just had to make up "facts" to fit what you were trying to say. No hard feelings, you're just obviously wrong and using false facts for your argument"

Lol, no idea WTH your talkin about.

This is what I wrote..

"I know this debate is over and that he's gonna be put at right tackle, but I do understand why Padre got this premonition, he's not super tall, he is built in a stout compact way, I do believe that his movements skills were overrated leading up to the draft, I don't see the great athleticism that some were saying, and the feet and overall quickness is not as quick as I would like.."

I'am trying to figure out why he dropped some, that's it..

6'5 305.. 20 reps..5.3 5.4 speed....All I'am saying is, this is not that big, or strong, relatively speaking, of a right tackle who makes up for adequate size with impressive athleticism, his drills were pretty good but I would venture to say, he's a bit smaller and weaker than the norm, and less athletic than what was being talked about months ago, where he was talked about being a top 20 prospect..There are some things in his game as to why I think he dropped, and IMO, those things show up on the tape, (maybe not the highlight tape )and to me, he looks like a 2nd round tackle prospect..as far as being a guard, like I said, I was trying to see the OP's POV, and it has nothing to do with Jake long or some article.

Does this mean he won't start, hell no, or I would put him at guard, no, for me it just means he's a legit 2 nd round pick, not the top 20 prospect.

2. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    Martin was graded as a 1st round talent and fell to us in the 2nd round. He's a tackle. No reason to think he'd play guard. The starting RT spot is basically his to lose. His stength is low IMO for any OL position. The orginal post was about him moving to guard which has no basis in reality just like the article that said martins drafting spelled the end for Jake Long in Miami.

I'm done with this debate because I can't read your posts. I'm never really one to complain about grammar and spelling but yours is pretty awful.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ok highlight boy..

"The only knock on him is he needs to gain some strenght "

Your babble is filled with slop.