1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Renshaw brought up an intresting point today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He said that because of Big Weirdo's size as a kid maybe he wasn't bullied, and thus he never learned how to stand up for himself.

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    All you need to be bullied is a power differential.

Bpk likes this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Interesting. What do car parts have to do with it though?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

He certainly lived up to the nickname.

Wish he'd been weird but mentally and emotionally resilient.

Then he may have stood up to Incognito much sooner and all of this could have been avoided.

Instead we lost two starters.

5. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    We still haven't confirmed that he was in fact bullied.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jldolfan and Bumrush like this.
  6. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    When all is said and done this could be a power grab.. And Cogs is done in the NFL too.

Which would make this poor victim the ultimate bully.

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    And this explains people like Matt Roth and Incognito, how?

I don't think size has anything to do with it. It's all mental.

8. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    BY George ole Channing Crowder , Randy McMichael Lamar Thomas and Bryan Cox would never take any crap off of R.C. they would have boxed Cog's ears. Even good ole Eddie Moore would not have took any crap.

THIS IS NOT MY UNCLES NFL ANYMORE.

9. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Based on some of the comments I have seen regarding this situation I would say some of you would make decent bullies. While it is a reasonable question to know why a guy his size wouldn't "defend" himself, not all personalities are the same. He has a reputation as an introvert, and would rather avoid conflict. Richie certainly doesn't come across in that manner. Ultimately, someone may target him again and he may have to manage it differently. I am a big guy at 6 foot 240. I was picked on in High School. I allowed it to happen. I am not afraid of that kind of stuff anymore and I am not afraid of being challenged. I came to that point years later and training in martial arts did help. But not for the reasons some of you would say. It was because of the self-discipline. The fact I could fight back but I also didn't have to. A true martial artist is one who doesn't have to use his techniques to hurt others. Half the battle was overcoming the sense of being intimidated. And that knows no boundaries in terms of size. So I wish everyone would get off the size thing. The 6-5 300 pound thing.

10. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    renshaw is 100% correct. mike ditka said the same thing today. i've been saying it for 2 days on here and have had to justify my response...smh. a good azz whoopin' would have made all this go away. even if martin lost the fight, i guarantee the bullying would have stopped. martin is just mentally weak. as big as he is, there is no excuse for letting that shyt slide.