JT back in South Florida!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    For what? Getting rid of someone who didn't care about the team. Who was suppose to be a leader and lied while his team mates were in camp.
    I thought we were past this but people keep whining about it.

Fin D and padre31 like this.
  2. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    We'll see. I was hoping for a different name as the guy to help Cam Wake out in the pass rush department.

Need solid seasons from Wake, Odrick, Starks, Misi, Taylor & execution to create more pass rush than only Wake.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think we will be fine, especially with adding Barnett, we have not had an effective A Gap blitz in a long time.

Sort of like the offense executing a screen play.

4. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Fox pause there Pads? Or you wish it was Barnett?

MrClean likes this.
  5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Bill Parcells needed to get rid of the old guard in south Florida. Cutting Zach Thomas was easy because of his injuries. JT could still play and was too popular to outright cut. The former head coach had given JT permission to do something on the side in the offseason. Perfect opportunity for rotten tuna to villainize a future hall of famer and ship him out of town with no backlash against his regime. Give credit where it's due, rotten tuna worked the situaton and played half the fanbase like a cheap guitar.

Several times I've pointed out how Michael Strahan sat out training camp and voluntarily paid a fine simply because he didn't want to go the season they won the super bowl. Did he get permission from Tom Coughlin? No. Did any fan care when the games began? No they didn't. Were fans on message boards whining about Michael Strahan not caring about the Giants? And surely he's not the only vet to skip offseason workouts.

Anybody who wasn't brainwashed by the Bill Parcells created media circus of 2007 can easily see that JT was always dedicated to the Dolphins. Jason Taylor played through five different Dolphins head coaches [and how many injuries?] and season after futile season but yeah he didn't care about the team. This argument isn't even logical. This would be crystal clear if put in front of anybody who doesn't watch the Dolphins.

Instead though let's go with your comical version of things. Dolphins future hall of famer of eleven years, the 2007 Walter Payton man of the year award recipient woke up in the spring of 2008 and decided to hell with the Miami Dolphins. He most certainly thought to himself, "I'm going to go on dancing with the stars this summer to screw my teammates and the Miami Dolphins because I hate those guys. I should be at every offseason workout so that I can practice watching field goals and pumping my fists but I hate the Dolphins so I'll go on the show and hopefully get traded to an awesome team like the Redskins! Afterwards despite my utter hatred for the Dolphins, I'll come back and play a season there around the vet minimum just because. That doesn't make any sense but hate never does does it?" [At this point he's probably chuckling to himself a little.]

And for the record it is now crystal clear that Bill Parcells doesn't give two ***** about this team and never did, but see what you want to see.

ChrisKo likes this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    nah, Barnett, Burnett, whomever...:lol:

FWIW I love JT signing back in Miami, now I can bust out the only Orange Jersey I own...

dolfan22 likes this.
  7. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

You can pretend it is a BC jersey too ...

padre31 likes this.
  8. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    He said he would return to camp the day after DWTS. Instaed he went off to Hollywood to rub elbows with actor types. That is why he was ultimately told not to report to camp. He was given permission to go but didn't return. That is not what team leaders do.

padre31 likes this.
  9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I guess he's the scum of the earth. I don't know. I just think it was overblown by Parcells and the media. I hate Bill Parcells so I don't really care who butts heads with him. I know vets skip camp sometimes. I just don't think it's a huge deal. Nobody cared when Strahan sat out, nobody cared when Brady hung out with his family instead of team offseason stuff. The regular season is what matters in the end. Just my opinion. Young players need camp a lot more than vets. I think it was a pissing contest and I know whose side I'm on. Because once again, Bill Parcells is NY Jets/Giants scum.

Now back to watching the Braves flush their season down the toilet.

10. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Hell man I don't give two ****s about Parcells now either. Screw that guy too.
    Feel the same about JT.
    Rock on taking his side and supporting him. I don't support either, at all, ever.