1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JT wants to play in Miami in 2010

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Nov 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Interesting, and a tough decision for Sparano and Ireland, I could see JT coming back or JP, but not both.

dolfan7171 and The Aqua Crush like this.
  2. Static XIII

Static XIII New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    probably would have helped if he or JP got to Brady.

3. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I think that's awesome. Obviously, he wants to be a Miami Dolphin until he retires, and he feels he can still play. I agree. I think he can too. That's the kind of loyalty (and leadership) you want out of your players. I say build a D around him. One in which he can be a complimentary player to.

JMHO.

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    He's on pace to have a pretty productive year. I don't think it should be a tough call at all because he works for cheap. Porter won't be around though.

dolfan22 likes this.
  5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Jt is doing decent this year. I think he's going to go back to his weak side role, and Porter is going to be out this year unless he steps it up hard.

Porter was great last year, and has completely slumped off this year and almost been non-existant. I'm not sure why, maybe he's getting blocked heavier based on his performance last year, or maybe he's just not playing up to snuff. The point is that between his injury, his age, and his performance this year he'd be of more worth to us as trade bait if possible.

6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    JT deserves to be here for the rest of his career, however long that is.

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    good for JT

dolphindebby likes this.
  8. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Im backing JT. Seeing that he put on ten pounds in the weight room preparing for this season is a good sign to.I think JT has always been more about speed.Looks as if he's going for another dimension of his ability. Go JT!!!

dolphindebby likes this.
  9. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    He had to gain a bit of weight and strength considering his new position this year

10. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I think putting him back on the weak side would really pay off. I have no idea why it hasn't happened yet given Joey Porter's ineffectiveness on the field. Why are they catering to the inferior player and making JT move?

11. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    In light of this news i hear there is a party planned at Deb's house to celebrate more years of JT in aqua and orange.

Great news. Glad he wants to be here, not that there was any doubt.

padre31, dolphindebby and late again like this.
  12. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't think it'll be too hard of a decision at all. Porter maybe you have to think about first. But JT should be automatic. Not because of his past either. Right now JT has recorded 5.5 sacks for the season. So he's on track to record 11 for the year. Isn't that pretty much what most of us hoped for from him?
    In addition he's forced 2 fumbles, running one of them back for a TD.

dolfan22 and dolphindebby like this.
  13. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    he spent one season on another team and i bet it was the worst year of football hes ever experienced in his entire life (from pop warner, to HS, to Akron, to now)

Im not surprised he wants to stay here...

dolphindebby likes this.
  14. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Also I don't know Taylors contract but theres no way its that much.

late again likes this.
  15. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I can't remember the exact numbers either. But it was a case of Taylor saying he would play for whatever the team decided was fair; something like 1 million+. But it was, I believe a one year deal. So he's going to need some kind of extension.

16. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You bet Aqua. And your all invited, if he gets to come back!:up:

You guys know I pray he comes back. I think he's a real asset to the franchise and the team. And terrific "eye candy" too.:wink2:

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  17. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I think we should pawn him off to some other team for a 2nd round pick, and wait for them to cut him so we can resign him.

:up:

18. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I would not mind if he came back for another season for a reasonable price AND with the understanding that he has to be a back/situational pass rusher. He is too old to be an every down guy.

As for Porter, he I hope we cut ties with him after the season is over. I am growing tired of his mouth and lack or production.

19. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

JT has the right attitude , he has an ego of course like all great athletes , but he understands the big picture here.

He wants to be a part of this so bad and won't let playing time , roles be an issue. JT WILL do whatever is best for the team overall. His performance shows he has enough left to contribute to a playoff team.

As I said before the season started , he is more likely to score 2 touchdowns this year than none. One down , hopefully one more to come. Some players have the knack and JT definitely does in this regard.

We need to upgrade talent wise , we don't do that by not allowing a still very productive Miami icon to play where he wants in the role that is best for everyone.

dolphindebby likes this.
  20. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    JT wants a ring with the Dolphins, and he knows that if the FO makes the right moves next year, we have that chance.

JT's heart is too much in this team to leave it, while he can still perform, and we're on the cusp of becoming an elite team again.

dolphindebby likes this.
  21. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Sign him up. And while you're at it, dump Porter; he's a waste of a roster spot and the cap space after this season.

22. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    JT wants a ring .... doubt it really matters which team it is with - per se ...

his family lives here, so of course, his 1st choice would be to stay .... especially with seeing the course this team is on.

problem is ... if done correctly, we'd only need him part-time or situational next year ... so, as long as he is good with that ... and that he plays for about the same $$$$ ... then welcome aboard, otherwise ...

JP is as good as gone ....

23. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    JT flat out said the only team he was interested in playing for was the Dolphins.
    He told the front office he was willing to play for whatever the FO felt was fair and that he would accept whatever role they had for him.
    He had other offers. In fact, the Pats were aggressively chasing him. So I don't think saying ..."doubt it matters which team it is with - per se" is an accurate statement.

dolphindebby and muscle979 like this.
  24. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    actually, that's what the 'per se' ... inferred ...

i believe his family situation, and the fact that he is very much involved in the area are the main driving force in his real desire to play here.

of course there is an emotional tie to this team ... and the current course is an added influencer ...

i'm not knocking the guy, and i'm glad that he wants to stay here ... but let's not make more of it than it really is.

25. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    To me this says it all:
    "In late February, Taylor had been home in Broward for nearly two months and he called Wichard to say he was staying home forever.

"I'll play for the Dolphins or not at all,'' he said.

Wichard had broached the idea with the Dolphins but there had been no commitment , no negotiations.

"There can't be a negotiation,'' Taylor said. "I'll play for anything. I might be stupid, but this is what I want to do."..

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-taylor-dolphins-hyde-051309,0,5180901.column