1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JT's Moves not moving the NFL

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by brandon27, Apr 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Interesting read here on the lack of support for JT's appearances on Dancing with the Stars. Gives some reasons as to why that might be.. It kind of does make me wonder why the NFL isnt supporting it in some way to draw some attention to itself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiHk55u__d1Xbh8zKRgAECU5nYcB?slug=ms-trippintuesday040108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    NFL doesn't like anything it can't control.

Plus JT is doing this for JT in the end

finswin56 likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. I agree with you J.

4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Because if the nfl would push this it would be for JT?

5. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Well, the NFL is a boys club. Maybe they are terrified of the 10 million females that will now be tuning in next season?:confused2:

6. Cosmic

Cosmic Social Disease

Dec 10, 2007
    All I hear from the women at my job is "He's so hot!" There might be some new Phin fans here in Baltimore.

7. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Edyta is hot!!! That's the only reason I tune in.

8. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    No, I don't get what you're saying. JT is doing this for JT. We all know that. The NFL, you would think, would capitalize on this not for JT, but for the NFL. The question is why aren't they? And I answered, they don't like things they cannot control, and they cannot control DWTS.

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I am not arguing if JT is doing this for JT. But what your statement seems to imply is that
    JT wouldn't cooperate with the NFL because he is in it for himself. At least to me thats what it seemed to imply.

10. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    This is probably the biggest reason. I think you're right on target. When you think about some of the extremes that the NFL has gone through just to maintain complete control over everything NFL, it makes sense. When the Colts went to the SB a church in the Indy area decided to host a SB party. When the NFL found out about it they immediately flexed their muscles and dictated what the church could and couldn't do. Right down to telling them the maximum size TV screen they could use to show the game on. So yeah..

11. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Its just stupid on the part of Roger Goodhell not to take advantage of the positive press the NFL is getting from JT and DWTS. Screw the fact they can't control it, with all the negative press the last 12 months from Vick, Pacman, Joey Porter and so many others, GoodHell is an idiot for not finding a way to promote this, especially when its the NFL's man of the year!

And by the way, for anyone who's wondering, I am NOT a fan of Roger GoodHell, and yes I am copy writing the spelling of his name on these boards. :lol:

12. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    Are you really Mr. McCown?

13. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Right on PhinsRock! I'm with you no this. The NFL can use ALL the positive press it can handle and then some. Guys killing dogs, shooting people, a certain TE raping a woman, hitting wives, getting drunk and then fighting the cops, and on and on. Plus these guys make millions and get away with things that you or I would be put under the jail for (as they should be). Then Jason Taylor does a positive thing and one that he has stated that he is uncomfortable doing and becomes good at. The Boys club can't stand it because they can't control it or is it just that they are afraid of the same thing Jason was but don't have the guts to try it. 21 million viewers and most of them don't know squat about FB but we have the chance to bring some if not most of them on board yet the big bad NFL has to act like they are in a HS gym lined up on one side of the dance floor afraid to take that first step because they might appear to be less matcho, give me a break! In my mind its 5 stars for Jason and I for sure hope he gets traded and wins that ring. He is everything that is good and right about the NFL and it's a damn shame they don't/won't see that. :up: