1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Julius Wilson waived

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Jul 26, 2008.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    One last thing — the team just waived offensive tackle Julius Wilson. That leaves us at 79. Terry Glenn, anyone?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/..._day_1.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

Edit:

The Dolphins cut Julius Wilson, but not to make room for Terry Glenn. Instead, they signed guard Rueben Riley, a 2007 Michigan grad who spent all of last year on the Panthers’ practice squad. With Henne, Long and Riley, maybe we can call this team the Miami Wolverines.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  2. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Its a really good sign. Shows Ireland, (and Parcells) are going to be proactive and not reactive.

3. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    The team is probably going to cut another deadweight to make room for Glenn. I cant help but think they got their eyes set on him.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wonder who they pick up at the Tackle spot. We only have three OT's.

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

In Ricky Williams' interview after the first day of camp, he said that the coaches had waived the two guys who failed to show up in shape... apparently those were Gore and Wynn.

That said, I always thought Julius Wilson had a good sized frame, but looked sloppy, not strong nor athletic. I'm glad this regime cares more about functional performing ability than just waiting around for potential that won't come to fruitition.

Some regimes will keep a guy around because of their upside, or because the look the part. This regime cares only about what is being delivered on the field.

I like it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  6. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN

Exactly. This regime is going to base thier decision on performance at practice and results in the game. This will breed better players due to competition at practice and a higher quality product on the field.