1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a couple of quick observation after rewatch.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Dec 11, 2018.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I heard from some credible minds that Raeqwon actually had a better game than Kiko, which I couldn’t believe after just watching the game the first time, Kiko stood out.

Well, He was correct in the sense that raeqwon did have a nice game..he was cracking some skulls.

I wouldn’t say it was better because the reason why the run defense was better was because of how the two worked together, the unison was there, on some plays they sacrificed their bodies so their partner could make the play, and they did it nicely on a consistent basis, filling gaps, taken on blocks and sticking the ball carrier, well done..

Kiko had a few plays that were behind the LOS that gave him the edge if I was grading both, but like Pate said, Raeqwon played nice, it’s good to see him playing like this.

Also would like to add after isolating a player, the reason why our run game prospered was no other than Mr Swanson..He was the man in this game.

Multiple times I watched him do combo blocks, solo style, he displayed a quickness after the snap to get into position, he got to the 2nd level on the bolden td which enabled the long td, he was nicely anchored in pass protection most of the game and has stabilized that line..Gore was keying on him and running behind him very nicely..

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Raekwon has finally turned the corner. He probably had his low point against the LIONS but in the last few games his missing assignments has decreased significantly. Props to Burke for sticking with him until the light turned on. He could have easily benched him when the run defense hit that crisis a month ago but Gase and Burke stayed the course and hammered home the importance of maintaining your responsibilities and it's paying off now. Just in time lol

danmarino likes this.