1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a thought on Sparano vs. Garrett

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolpns13, Jan 6, 2008.

1. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    I just wanted to bring up a point regarding the people who would rather have Garrett over Sparano as HC.

I recently read somweher that Sparano calls the plays in Dallas. If Garrett is such a good OC, then why is Sparano calling the plays in Dallas over Garrett. Not to take anything away from Garrett, but during gametime the OC's main function is to call the plays, so if Garrett is such a good OC, why is Sparano, in essence, doing his job? Perhaps Sparano is has more control over the offense than Garrett does? I just thought this was a good point.

2. andyahs

andyahs New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Sparano called the plays last year not this year.

3. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    ohhhhh, :thumbup:

Well this was a wasted thread then :lol:

4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I think Sparano called the plays last year. Its my understanding that after Garret got the job, Sparano kinda moved on the Assistant Coach and coached the O Line. I do remember reading some articles that gave very good reviews as far a Sparano is concerned with the offensive play calling.

Which I think brings up a very good point. Sparano does come from the offensive side of coaching...which to me is good because not EVERYTHING will be predicated just the defense. Granted, hes not Cam as far as the offense is concerned, but he is more offensive minded than both Wanny and Saban. He could offer the perfect mix of a head coach who has the hard nut style that Parcells likes...but isnt afraid of having the OC open it up some as well.