1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just for fun, mock draft .5

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Dec 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think our d is more of a read and react style, with the front 3 or 4 meant to bring pressure?

The FA LB I'd like to take a look at to replace Akin A is Derrick Johnson.

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I wouldn't want him here to be honest.

Boik14 likes this.
  3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Really?

Due to talent or attitude?

I envisioned him as a nickel Lb who can cover Te's who does not have a huge learning curve and would be relatively cheap, there is not much of a market for him imho.

4. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Application of his talent. You can always check what I had to say by looking in last year's Keys if they are still around for the KC game.

Boik14 likes this.
  5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    i'll take your word for it Conu.

Who knows what Ireland sees, and apparently the Tuna:

Per "Mando:

If he is that involved in the player evaluation process the old standbyes like "Wr at #1" could be still in effect.

6. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's what I thought you meant. :up: I'm not holding out a lot of hope for McClain sliding to us but then again I didn't believe that James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga would slide to the 2nd round either. Benn in the 2nd also seems like a pipe dream. Then again Louis Murphy slid all the way to the 4th round.

Section126 likes this.
  7. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    It doesnt really matter how you got them, it matters how the player performs. Do you think St Louis cared years back when they found Kurt Warner off the scrap heap? hell no. Not saying Garner and Thomas are great but Thomas as a starter is adequate and still new to the position and Garner has played ok. :up:

I disagree with your assessment of the MLB in the 3-4 defense. Its a necessity not a luxury. Show me a 3-4 defense that won or played in a Super Bowl with only adequate ILB play. The last couple of Steeler teams had Foote and Farrior, not spectacular but very good resumes. The Pats had Bruschi. The Giants in 86 and 90 had Carson. The Ravens had Ray Lewis. If you want a 3-4 defense then you must have very good ILB play to take you to the next level. If youre vulnerable up the middle youre not going to be a great defense. Ideally id like to see both Crowder and Ayodele out of here but Ive come to the realization we're probably stuck with Crowder.
    Johnson is just not a fit for this scheme. He doesnt really fit the Planet Theory. This regime wants size and strength, Johnson is speed and reaction. Hes a fit for a 4-3 not a 3-4 imo. As a backup LB for coverage? Ya sure but I doubt he will accept that role.