1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Make Sure You Take a Deep Breath After You Vent...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disnardo, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Yes, I would expect a few “you are wrong,” statements from those better suited than I that know the X’s and O’s. I am no expert, so this is my opinion and would happily accept the opinions of those that do know…

Convincingly beating San Diego and New England, made us believe that this team had matured without a shadow of a doubt. I do believe this team has matured and caught that “winning feeling,” that has been instilled by this great coaching staff, even after the last 2 losses. Now winning consistently, is part of a talented and well coached team…

“Talent,” well that is something that was forgotten after those two big AFC games. Funny though, it came and resurrected it’s ugly head after our last 2 losses. I am just as guilty as any other fan that expected about a 9-10 game winning season just 2 weeks ago…

The truth is “TALENT” is something that we are surely “STILL” lacking in many areas of our team and the last two games have IMO proven that. No matter how much coaching and game preparation our players receive, they still need to execute (make) the plays. Emotion, adrenaline or heart can only take you so far, and only talent can take you the rest of the way…

We have seen players placed in a spot to make a play and come up empty, than it comes back to hunt them. We have also seen players execute plays to perfection…

Fans…please don’t give up on this team; we are not good enough yet and the inconsistency shows that…

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe the fans in the stadium “booed” the team at all this weekend, at least I cannot remember hearing any boos…

At the beginning of the season after Pennington came in, most predicted a 6-8 game season, if we stay healthy. Now we have our first test without of top Nose Tackle, out for possible a game or so, can we still hold the line???

Don’t get all rattled over what players do or do not, I know frustrations need venting and that is OK. Come back to Earth and understand that this is a “RE-BUILDING” year, nothing more, nothing less…

Just make sure you take a deep breath after you vent…

EDIT-Mods you can move this if it needs to be moved...

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Good post. We got a little short-sighted after beating New England and San Diego, so these last few weeks have been tough to take. I agree we need to step back from the ledge and let Sparano, Ireland, and Parcells continue to mold this young team.

FiN.in.RI, sgtphin and Disnardo like this.
  3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Hell, even if this all we win, weve still done better than last ;)

But seriously, I think we forgot this is a young rebuilding team with a lack of talent at some key spots. It was nice to win those games, but to think they alone suddenly made us a playoff contender was a bit shortsighted. All I want from this team is hard play, to not get blown out, to cut down on mental errors and put just a few more Ws in the bank.

Disnardo likes this.
  4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    good post. I'm just really happy that we have young guys who are playing well and look like great picks and signings. Jake Long, Justin Smiley, Anthony Fasano, Kendall Langford, Phillip Merling, Randy Starks, etc. These guys have all shined at times this season and that's a great sign for the future.

Disnardo likes this.
  5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I said this after the Chargers win...I'll say it again...we still have a dearth of talent on this team and one offseason wouldn't give Tunaland (or Shula or Lombardi or Paul Brown) time enough to restock for 7 yrs of bad drafting and other poor personnel moves...

It will take time and time alone...That's not to say that the culture in the locker room won't and hasn't begun to change. That's one of the steps to take as you start to acquire better talent...

That said, the Texans game hurt the most because the 'strength' of the team (defense) let us down and they were a team we 'should' have beaten. I'm not so sure about the Ravens. This game the offense sputtered again and again until the D caved in...typical of losing efforts...

Bumps and bruises....we'll have more before we have fewer...

Disnardo likes this.
  6. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    After New England and San Diego we all had a false sense of euphoria. We thought that things had turned around much quicker than we felt they wood or could.
    It was to be expected as bad as we have been the last few years.

We still have to accept the fact that we are a rebuilding team and it takes time and patience. But, I think we all can feel confident that things are improving and we are no longer the worst team in the NFL and thats a statement we can feel some comfort in..

Disnardo likes this.