1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Offered Deangelo Williams for Ricky Williams

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by slickj101, Aug 15, 2008.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Hope it goes through. I think Deangelo's value will decrease a lot faster then Rickys. I also think Ricky is much better suited to have a big season. No homerness. Hope this guy bites on the offer.

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Well, that would depend on if Deangelo gets more than 50% of the carries vs. Ricky. If Stewart falters, Deangelo's value skyrockets.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    That's a tough call. For purposes of weeks 1 and 2, they're basically the same guy. IMO, this comes down to who you think will get more carries this year. Do you think Ronnie will be 100% healthy and will get an increased workload as the season progresses? Do you think Jonathan Stewart will make an immediate impact despite pain in his toe?

Personally, I have Ricky ahead of DeAngelo just because he's got a higher upside. I also think Stewart will eventually take the starting job, or at least become a sort of "co-starter," ala Maurice Morris and Julius Jones.

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I think thats a mistake. Deangelo is a former 1st rounder hungry to prove himself who at worst will time share with Stewart. Ricky at best will get 10-12 carries a game behind Ronnie who is a proven workhorse. Deangelo is having a very strong camp and will start to open the season. Stewart is still rebounding from a foot injury. Worst case Williams wins the job and you trade him after 2 good weeks, unless theyre just really THAT good. You get a lot more value then. Its a bad idea. Pull it down asap.