1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Our Luck

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Georgia Fin, Apr 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Well it only figures that the year we end up with the 1st overall pick the league has modified the draft and instead of having the benefit of 15 full minutes to wheel and deal our most prized pick, we'll have to bring our A game and work the phones like a big dawg. This will be where Parcells and Ireland prove their worth and work their vast connections across the league to make sure that we get the most out of the pick if it's a trade or player.:up:

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't know about being just our luck, because it's the same for everyone...in fact, we probably have an advantage, at least as far as the first pick. Any potential deals for the #1 overall will have parameters already set from pre-draft day conversations with other teams anyways...The bottom line tho, is it's the same for every team...we may even see more reaches by teams rather than fewer deals being made...Remember, while we are on the clock and only have 10 minutes to deal, so do other teams...

HysterikiLL likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    With all due respect..

In regards to the #1 overall, and more than likely the #32 as well, any trade scenarios that are possible have already been talked through by us and whomever we might be trading with.

What does kindve blow, is there is no consensus "Got to have" player at #1 that would buy us clout to trade out of that spot...

Larryfinfan and like2god like this.
  4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

You got that right AZ, what sucks is no consensus "gotta have" guy we can use to trade out of the darn #1 spot. Hope Billy Parcells can pull off a trade down here, but not holding my breath.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. screamer

screamer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    United States
    Can only speak for myself,but if we pull of a trade... I'd be shocked!

Larryfinfan likes this.
  6. yboord028

yboord028 AFC East Champs

Mar 22, 2008
    Ballston Spa
    Well Technically we've had more than 3 months to do something with this pick, We don't have to be on the clock to do something with it. Most teams have their draft boards set and will only do a few minor tweaks. If we were to trade I'm sure we have contacted most teams to gauge interest.

7. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    The last thing we need to fret over is the loss of 5 minutes on the draft clock. I hope that whoever we pick has a huge impact on our team.

Colorado Dolfan and like2god like this.
  8. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Does not really matter if we have our pick signed and ready to go so or at least I hope we can sign our pick before the draft but I dont htink it will really matter we should know who we are going to pick and it is really hard to trade out of the number 1 spot sence of the money the players want

9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The picks being 5 minutes shorter is a good thing no matter how you dice it. Maybe this year I won't be blackout drunk at the end of the first round...

HysterikiLL likes this.
  10. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    If detriot couldnt move out of number 2 with CJ no way we get out of #1 unless its by miracle.

11. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Exactly. Any trade that major would basically be finished before the draft even began. And since the teams know they only have 10 minutes now, there would probably be even more of a premium on getting as much of it done ahead of time as possible.

12. Dolphinsfan69

Dolphinsfan69 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    What time do you think we'll be picking at #32? The draft starts later this year, 3 PM i believe, with the new 10 minute rule. I'm asking cause one of my best friends is getting married that afternoon at 5. I know i'll be able to see our first pick but wondering about #32. Doubt i'll be able to see #32 which really, really sucks. I have to go to the wedding, but damn, i mean who gets married on draft day? That's one of the only days i ask for all year and it's taken away from me.

13. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Best solution is to sleep with the bride then tell your friend about it, effectively freeing draft day completely! And you'll save money on the tux rental.

HysterikiLL likes this.
  14. HysterikiLL

HysterikiLL Member

Nov 26, 2007

i see your matt millen and raise you a bill parcells

Zeke0123 likes this.
  15. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If we cannot decide who to pick in ten minutes then we have some real problems. I think it is good shortening the amount of time teams have to draft and also having just the first two rounds on Day 1, and the rest of Day 2.

16. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    We are not trading the pick. I doubt 5 min is going to decide that

17. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    touche...but Millen was dealt pocket Aces..Bill P probably has Q 10 suited..but I do get your point :up:.

18. xDOLPHINSx

xDOLPHINSx Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Minnesota
    No, 5 less minutes is a great thing! It means that Chris Long will be a Phin 5 minutes earlier than he normally would have. Who knows what he could do with that time. :tongue2:

19. Dolphinsfan69

Dolphinsfan69 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Sad thing is... if i did this, dude wouldn't care. Don't ask.