1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just want to make a point about something

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ozzy, Sep 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

This is really meaningless but It's something I've said many times.

People always say how Miami fans are so bad, and how we're bandwagon fans.

I always say it's not just in Miami, and yes our home fanbase needs to be better, but when a team is losing games or losing A game really bad, most teams fans don't want to watch.

I'm sure everyone saw how Patsies fans were bolting for the exits with 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter right? And how they laid the boos on their team at halftime right? I mean this was a team that had not lost a regular season game since we beat them 21-0 a couple of years ago. The same team that had not lost at home in a long time.

I know they've sold out a ton of games in a row, and they have a waiting list for tickets (in a rather smallish stadium) but I'm telling you, that if they started to be a team that stinks, they will not have that waiting list long.

The moral of this story is that, to me, ALMOST every teams fans in the NFL have their share of Bandwagoneers. There are the select few who show up no matter what.

2. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Good point. Win and they will come.

3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i hate bandwaggoners. which is why today was that much sweeter

Jackson likes this.
  4. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    My favorite thing about this season and the recent Dolphins win is the newfound sense of perspective the NE fans seem to have gained. After years of hearing their bandwagon fans be incessant jerks and have game after game handed to them, all of a sudden you hear "oh, it's ok. We were down for so long, we should be glad. It's a good thing our backups get to study and learn while the other guys take the hits". No more do you hear Welker screaming about how opposing teams suck or how much of a genius Belicheck is. Hopefully this signals the Dolphins eventual rise back to being a great team and the Pats trip back to the cellar of the AFCE.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Nobody will ever accuse this group of characters at Phins.com of being bandwagoners. Pretty impossible actually. We all signed up here during the darkest moments of this franchise. Hopefully with this win, those days are behind us. :up:

Jackson likes this.
  6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I loved watching them all running for the exits so early. it was hilarious!

That being said, I said something similar to my dad about fans of the patriots. How most of them are "fans" just because theyve jumped on the bandwagon because of all the winning, Once that team falls apart (this year, then probably not again till brady retires) that place is going to be hurting for fans and sellouts once again.

7. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Well, didn't we all already know that about 70% of currents pats fans are bandwagoners who jumped on after 2001?

8. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    you guys do realize that this pats team may be back to form next season, right?

9. FiN.in.RI

FiN.in.RI Paul pierced through..

Dec 3, 2007
    the Heart
    At least you clarify in your original post that "the home base in Miami needs to be better" otherwise it would have been a huge pot and kettle moment. Over the recent years, Miami has shown to have a piss poor local fanbase. I mean really. Who are we to talk ****? Come on.

10. Ozzy

They will be better with Brady but Brady was not the reason why they lost today.

Their defense got it handed to them today!

11. FiN.in.RI

FiN.in.RI Paul pierced through..

Dec 3, 2007
    the Heart
    and the most reason for excitement (for me at least) is that they got OUT-coached.

12. Ozzy

It's not tooting a horn, it's telling it like it is. When a team wins, the fans come. When they lose, they run and hide.

Miami has been pretty bad for the last few years, and in a stadium that holds 10,000 more fans, in a market that has LESS people and one of the most migrated cities in the entire USA, I'd say they've actually done ok for being terrible.

13. Ozzy

Exactly

14. Beck2Ginn

Beck2Ginn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    yup, it's like any fanbase in any city anywhere. no one wants to support a terrible product. and they shouldn't, period.